By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Prediction Thread

Fw 1.3

13 weeks 3.1

Lifetime 6.8

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

1.1million

3.2million

7million

A little high? Maybe, but if it's advertised right (AKA like Galaxy 2), it should be able to reach these numbers.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

what if someone just put 3 billion Lifetime just to screw up the numbers?... my guess is you wouldn't include. Because your avatar is cranky

But me.

FW: 800K

13: 2.5 Million

Life: 4.75 Million.

This is probably my 3rd favorite Franchise.
I know my numbers are low compared to everyone. I just question this franchises ability to sell to the whole install base of wii like Mario does. Because mario is mario. Zelda's atleast to me, don't seem like it would have the same effect. I know Twilight Princess's Sales were High, but it was the best game at launch imo.

So you can argue it either way. (A: Less choice of quality games at launch results in better sales because of lack of quality titles to choose from),or (B: Less userbase at launch lowered the sales). I'm going with option A

But this guess isn't that educated and it's just my feeling in mah gut.

Fw: 800,000

13 wks: 3.5 million

Lifetime: 5 million

I think the Wii will have slow momentum when Skyward Sword is released. Since it is a Zelda game, I think it will warrent 5 million sales due to the fans and SOME hype from an outside crowd..I just don't expect anything special from it due to the timing of its release, unfortunately. I don't think the Motion Plus will do anything for its sales.

Except in Japan. I predict that Skyward Sword will probably sell better in Japan than Twilight Princess did, if only because Japan will be a little curious of it.

Roar_Of_War said:

Fw: 800,000

13 wks: 3.5 million

Lifetime: 5 million

I think the Wii will have slow momentum when Skyward Sword is released. Since it is a Zelda game, I think it will warrent 5 million sales due to the fans and SOME hype from an outside crowd..I just don't expect anything special from it, unfortunately. I don't think the Motion Plus will do anything for its sales.

Except in Japan. I predict that Skyward Sword will probably sell better in Japan than Twilight Princess did, if only because Japan will be a little curious of it.

What about the other 85million Wii owners who bought Twilight Princess and/or other Nintendo games?

Around the Network

1.3 million

4 million

7.1 million

@Conegamer: Like I said, I think the Wii will have slow momentum when Skyward Sword is released. I don't think the non-gamer crowd will be interested in too much software at the time, so it will be up to the fans. The sales of Twilight Princess will likely not just carry on over to Skyward Sword.

Unless, of course, Skyward Sword is awesome enough to generate a sudden uprise of hype for it like how Ocarina of Time did. However, I think that is very unlikely. I don't think Skyward Sword will be quite that strong, partially because of the slow momentum I predicted the Wii will have around Skyward Swords release, and partially because it will not set the standard for how everyone wants their Zelda games. Infact, the Wii already has slow momentum right now. I think that is partially the reason for Metroid: Other M's disappointing first week.

Roar_Of_War said:

Like I said, I think the Wii will have slow momentum when Skyward Sword is released. I don't think the non-gamer crowd will be interested in too much software at the time, so it will be up to the fans. The sales of Twilight Princess will likely not just carry on over to Skyward Sword.

I said the same about NSMB Wii, but look at it now. Like I've said, it's all how they advertise it. If they say it's in the same vein as Galaxy and promote the art-style to the casual crowd, they'll pick it up, along with the Nintendo faithful.

It's all down to Nintendo.

first week: 800k
13 weeks: 2 million
lifetime: 4.2 million

1.45 million.

3.3 million.

8.03 million.

Go, go, go... gadget Zelda.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.