By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo pulls Wii ads due to demand

NJ5 said:
Wii domination ends.

You either A) misinterpreted (or just plain didn't read) the entire article, or B) overestimate the effectiveness of Wii's advertising compared to word of mouth.  

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
Mummelmann said:
*~Onna76~* said:
That's ridiculous. Sales are sales, period. But indeed, they should use better software ads instead. Not showing Mario Galaxy as if its a 2 person game only, and showing the good old family having fun with the WII, is really starting to make me sick.

Yes, they do aim awfully "casual", don't they? I'm sure some gamers like it too, but they don't want that to happen!

Yep, that's right, but that's with the DS the same. I see ads now of Brain Training games with very important / intellectual people, like if its the only game on the DS available.

The most sold DS are strangely the ones I've almost never seen ads for. Then again; there is little to no Nintendo advertising here in Norway.

@APolitical: I think NJ5 was being sarcastic

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

APolitical said:
NJ5 said:
Wii domination ends.

You either A) misinterpreted (or just plain didn't read) the entire article, or B) overestimate the effectiveness of Wii's advertising compared to word of mouth.

Turns your sarcasm detector on.

Parokki said:
So basically they're saying "we're going to stop advertising, since we're going to sell out anyway"? I guess that means they haven't got the kinds of huge stockpiles many people thought they'd have after all.

(or maybe they're screwing Europe again, and diverting all their stock to the US..)
Thats with the stockpile was also my first thought. :o)

Around the Network

I don't see any relationship between these news and stockpiling.

Demand is always huge in December, and the Wii is clearly getting all the consumer attention it needs to sell huge numbers. Who knows how much it would sell if supply was infinite? I believe any existing stockpiles will be sold no matter what ads there are.

There are certain countries where Nintendo needs to advertise the Wii (Southern European countries spring to mind), but USA and UK are not in that list.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Here in Spain the wii is soldout in many retailers, i went today to some of then and they didn't have wiis, nor endless ocean (incredible because when i went in the launch week, there were like 40 copies in one shop, the sames of SMG, and i though they weren't going to be sold) nor Super Mario Galaxy, as the crazy shoppings have started (i had the number 70 and they were by the 20), a lot of people asked for the Wii, i still can't understand how the ps3 is selling more than wii here, i don't see it in the street,

Divert those Wii ads to game ads, Nintendo!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

^
I am sure they would if this idea was fiscally responsible. Since they aren't this leads me to believe that they make more on one DS than they do on any software.

Meh. I must be the only person who sees Wii advertisements...

TV Ads: Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime, Galaxy, Phantom Hourglass...

Magazine ads: Fire Emblem + Phantom Hourglass

Online ads: All of the TV ones + Fire Emblem, Battallion Wars 2, Donkey Kong: Jet Blast, Phantom Hourglass.

And I still haven't seen a Bioschok ad(I hear they show up on Spike TV/MTV, but I don't watch either)

Also, Galaxy is being advertised every night for hours on ABC Family(Every Holiday movie is being 'brought to you by Super Mario Galaxy for Wii')