By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo pulls Wii ads due to demand

Well even software ads would draw people to want to buy a new system. Like how pissed my one friend was after I showed him the No More Heroes opening and he found out it was only for the Wii.

Around the Network

i was reading about no more in Nin Power----the bad pixel thing insted of blood is only in japan--that made me smile b/c i thought it was puled out from the whole game

Mummelmann said:
*~Onna76~* said:
That's ridiculous. Sales are sales, period. But indeed, they should use better software ads instead. Not showing Mario Galaxy as if its a 2 person game only, and showing the good old family having fun with the WII, is really starting to make me sick.

Yes, they do aim awfully "casual", don't they? I'm sure some gamers like it too, but they don't want that to happen!

Yep, that's right, but that's with the DS the same. I see ads now of Brain Training games with very important / intellectual people, like if its the only game on the DS available.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I like how Nintendo is spinning this too... instead of

"We're already selling out so advertising is pointless, lets focus on a system that we can keep in stock... sorta."

it's.

"It'd be unfair to make more people want our awesome product since you customers who we greatly value already are forced to wait outside of stores for our product, we give you our sincerest apologies that it's already so hard to get our awesome, awesome product."

... or they could do something REALLY crazy:
Advertise third party games! Why not show a compilation style trailer of well done third party games? Zack & Wiki, RE:UC, MoH:H2, Guitar Hero III, Star Wars Saga, MySims, DDR: Hottest Party, Trauma Center: New Blood, ...

THAT would show their appreciation of proper TP efforts.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

Hopefully they will advertise the DS more. It should be selling much better in the US.

Or we can think about it in another way, and see this as an ad which says "we don't needs ads". Best ad ever.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Ive seen the new DS ad.

It is actually kind of cool.
Just shows random people playing in different locales.

As for them being "responsible".
Translation...."Hey guys! We are gonna have an awesome New Year's Party with all that cash we saved from advertising! Humvees for everyone!"

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

So basically they're saying "we're going to stop advertising, since we're going to sell out anyway"? I guess that means they haven't got the kinds of huge stockpiles many people thought they'd have after all.

(or maybe they're screwing Europe again, and diverting all their stock to the US..)

I remembered few weeks back, Reggie said that they won't pull off advertisement even though they cannot meet the demand.