By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo pulls Wii ads due to demand

rasone77 said:
^
I am sure they would if this idea was fiscally responsible. Since they aren't this leads me to believe that they make more on one DS than they do on any software.

Hmm, I guess so. It's just...well the DS doesn't need advertising to sell. It sells itself.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ismael said:
Here in Spain the wii is soldout in many retailers, i went today to some of then and they didn't have wiis, nor endless ocean (incredible because when i went in the launch week, there were like 40 copies in one shop, the sames of SMG, and i though they weren't going to be sold) nor Super Mario Galaxy, as the crazy shoppings have started (i had the number 70 and they were by the 20), a lot of people asked for the Wii, i still can't understand how the ps3 is selling more than wii here, i don't see it in the street,
Wii selling out in Spain? Hm, let's wait for diomedes and his take on the current Wii availability in Spain.

Hehe. I'm sure Media Create's numbers on Spain (you know, the article he found and no one else did) will prove Nintendo has pulled Wii adds because NO ONE WANTS IT!!!!!!one!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

*~Onna76~* said:
That's ridiculous. Sales are sales, period. But indeed, they should use better software ads instead. Not showing Mario Galaxy as if its a 2 person game only, and showing the good old family having fun with the WII, is really starting to make me sick.

I want to see those adds in addition to traditional game adds played on respective channels for the demographic they're trying to appeal to. So far Nintendo is playing it a tad too safe with the casual I agree.

well, if diomedes come into the thread i promise i will give him the telephone number of the shopping center ,very famous in Spain (El Corte Ingles, if someone know it) and he will be able to check it by himself