By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS Move Ad Trash Talks The Wii

Firstly, why are Wii fans upset over this advert? Because he tells the truth and says you don't have to just flick your wrist?

Secondly, will we see these same people complaining about Nintendo the next time they try mock 3D Glasses? I have them all marked down so I will bring them back up

Thirdly, Sony fans were never mocking Nintendo because the controller itself. They were mocking the shitty games that the controller spawned. Games where you have to move your remote left and right at a stupid speed to try and swim. Games with VERY low production values just pushed out to make a quick profit off a userbase that allows itself to be milked.

A lot of Wii owners themselves are now starting to complain about the games releasing on Wii. The difference is... PS3 (And even 360) fans noticed this years ago. Not just in the past year.

Sony are now doing motion controls the way they SHOULD be done. Accurately. Nintendo fans don't like this because deep down, they know that this is what they want Nintendo  and 3rd parties to do with Wii. It's called jealousy. Who cares if the Wii sells more? Or Wii games will sell more? Just because it sells more doesn't mean it's a better quality experience. Is Carnival Games a better videogame than Monster Hunter Tri?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Firstly, why are Wii fans upset over this advert? Because he tells the truth and says you don't have to just flick your wrist?

Secondly, will we see these same people complaining about Nintendo the next time they try mock 3D Glasses? I have them all marked down so I will bring them back up

Thirdly, Sony fans were never mocking Nintendo because the controller itself. They were mocking the shitty games that the controller spawned. Games where you have to move your remote left and right at a stupid speed to try and swim. Games with VERY low production values just pushed out to make a quick profit off a userbase that allows itself to be milked.

A lot of Wii owners themselves are now starting to complain about the games releasing on Wii. The difference is... PS3 (And even 360) fans noticed this years ago. Not just in the past year.

Sony are now doing motion controls the way they SHOULD be done. Accurately. Nintendo fans don't like this because deep down, they know that this is what they want Nintendo  and 3rd parties to do with Wii. It's called jealousy. Who cares if the Wii sells more? Or Wii games will sell more? Just because it sells more doesn't mean it's a better quality experience. Is Carnival Games a better videogame than Monster Hunter Tri?

lol.  More money was likely poured into what eventually became "Wii Sports" than most budget busting HD games.  Social phenomenons don't just develop themselves overnight, and Nintendo actually spends more total on gaming R&D than any other console manufacturer.  Say what you want about the sad state of 3rd party wares, but Nintendo's own motion based Wii games are extremely high quality, extremely responsive and (with Motion Plus) extremely precise and accurate.  And have been for years now, the market itself reflects that.  Looking at Sony's own Move software slate, their "plan" is to shamelessly crib most of them too, just without calling them Move Sports, Move Play, Move Party, Move Crossbow Training, etc.  I guess that gives them something over Microsoft at least, Kinect's even more blatantly cloning in it's software, though not it's implementation. 

Also, Nintendo has a right to mock 3D glasses.  They tried them back in 1995, and it failed spectacularly. ;)

how lame, because there is not much of a difference between the two. I think Sony needs to get off whaatever they been smoking and come back to reality because this is bashing against competitors is getting ridiculous. The Wii Motion Plus & Move is hardly two very different techs! Wake up and smell the coffee Sony. The only edge they have is the HD aspect. Apart from that, nothing new!

Whats even more imbarrassing for Sony is that they were Bashing Nintendo's idea for motion gaming when the Wii came out, and now look at Sony releasing the eact same idea!!!! Nothing new!!! Its pathetic beyond belief!!

Rubbing in the truth which hurts.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network

As to the ad itself... uh, am I the only one who doesn't think it seems like such a big deal?  Pretty harmless ribbing honestly?

jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

lol.  More money was likely poured into what eventually became "Wii Sports" than most budget busting HD games.  Social phenomenons don't just develop themselves overnight, and Nintendo actually spends more total on gaming R&D than any other console manufacturer.  Say what you want about the sad state of 3rd party wares, but Nintendo's own motion based Wii games are extremely high quality, extremely responsive and (with Motion Plus) extremely precise and accurate.  And have been for years now, the market itself reflects that.  Looking at Sony's own Move software slate, their "plan" is to shamelessly crib most of them too, just without calling them Move Sports, Move Play, Move Party, Move Crossbow Training, etc.  I guess that gives them something over Microsoft at least, Kinect's even more blatantly cloning in it's software, though not it's implementation.

Also, Nintendo has a right to mock 3D glasses.  They tried them back in 1995, and it failed spectacularly. ;)

Should I link you to the countless threads and comments about how 3rd parties hate Wii. Wii owners don't get treat as well as HD owners. 3rd parties don't get Wii. Etc... ?

And Nintendo shamelessly copied Eye Toy Play. And Eye Toy Kinetic too. Don't see you complaining about those 2 games thoguh do we? They even copied the name for the first one... Nintendo are such copies and can't think of anything themselves D: Oh no! " ;) "

Sony have a right to mock motion control games. They tried them back in  2003. It didn't fail spectacularly " ;) "

ruff_romeo said:

how lame, because there is not much of a difference between the two. I think Sony needs to get off whaatever they been smoking and come back to reality because this is bashing against competitors is getting ridiculous. The Wii Motion Plus & Move is hardly two very different techs! Wake up and smell the coffee Sony. The only edge they have is the HD aspect. Apart from that, nothing new!

What bit is lame?

Why are you so upset?

Explain to me, please.

Carl2291 said:

You're so right brother. It's like the ridiculous notion that Lady Gaga is awesome because she sells so many records. But you'd obviously never put forward an argument like that. Ever.

*high fives*

Wait... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3574232

Oh man, you've totally let me down. Now I'm sad. :(

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv113/musicmixboss/Unmotivational%20Posters/DoubleStandards.jpg&t=1" width="259" height="194">

VGChartz

Well, when you are desperate, like SONY is, this is the best you can produce.

And lol at people saying that move games will be superior to Wii games, the ones currently reviewed have extremely low metascores.