By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS Move Ad Trash Talks The Wii

jneul said:
Metallicube said:

Haha, Kinect is far more innovative than Move. I mean, granted, the GAMES on Move look way better, but the hardware is at least somewhat new. I don't see how anyone can look at the Move, with its nunchuck compared to a Wiimote with its nunchuck side by side and actually say with a straight face that Move did not copy the Wiimote. Maybe Sony had some plans with motion controls to some extent (that's what the eyetoy does after all), but I guarantee you it would have been implemented in THAT WAY, as in, remote like object with a nunchuck, with games like "Sports Champions", if the Wii did not exist.

For those carrying on about how much "better" Move apparently is, let's wait until the thing is actually released before making such claims. But as I've said, the thing better be improved on the Wiimote considering it's coming out 4 years later.

ignorance is bliss, also like i said reviewer's have already had hands on and the feedback is good!!you actually sound like you are real scared of the move at this point, oh look another good move review yaya i can keep posting these all night carry on making things worse for yourself tho xD

http://www.psbeyond.com/reviews/Playstation-Move-Controller-Review.18829.html

AS FOR KINECT

kinectimals == eyepet / nintendogs

kinect sports == wii sports / sports champions / eyetoy sports

dance central == ddr / wii dance

so where is you innovative title may i ask??

Finally I know for a fact that if i had posted as much negativity but on the wii, as you have done on move I would be banned by now...

Notice I said the Kinect HARDWARE is innovative, at least somewhat. The games generally are not, I'm completely with you there. The Move games, many of them actually look good, although none of them seem to do anything different.

Why exactly would I be scared? I do not work at Nintendo, nor do I have any stock in Nintendo. Like I said, the ONLY thing that irks me is all the Sony fans bashing the Wiimote, who are suddenly praising the Move and acting like it's so superior when it's essentailly the same device at the Wiimote with motion plus. That's it.

Around the Network

@metallicube  whats so innovative about the Kinect? its a camera based hardward just like PSEye is. considering how old that thing is Kinect better be...better.  I'll agree with you on the Move games not doing anything to diff. except maybe eyepet, but lets keep it real has anyone done anything diff recently???  Sony fans are praising Move because all reports show it works better, it cant be the same device as Wiimote because it has the benefit of the PSEye, it can give you games that CANNOT be done on Wii. (eyepet for one). GI said it best sometimes its not about innovation its about doing it better than the next game and the Move  and maybe Kinect might do just that 

Metallicube said:
jneul said:
Metallicube said:

Haha, Kinect is far more innovative than Move. I mean, granted, the GAMES on Move look way better, but the hardware is at least somewhat new. I don't see how anyone can look at the Move, with its nunchuck compared to a Wiimote with its nunchuck side by side and actually say with a straight face that Move did not copy the Wiimote. Maybe Sony had some plans with motion controls to some extent (that's what the eyetoy does after all), but I guarantee you it would have been implemented in THAT WAY, as in, remote like object with a nunchuck, with games like "Sports Champions", if the Wii did not exist.

For those carrying on about how much "better" Move apparently is, let's wait until the thing is actually released before making such claims. But as I've said, the thing better be improved on the Wiimote considering it's coming out 4 years later.

ignorance is bliss, also like i said reviewer's have already had hands on and the feedback is good!!you actually sound like you are real scared of the move at this point, oh look another good move review yaya i can keep posting these all night carry on making things worse for yourself tho xD

http://www.psbeyond.com/reviews/Playstation-Move-Controller-Review.18829.html

AS FOR KINECT

kinectimals == eyepet / nintendogs

kinect sports == wii sports / sports champions / eyetoy sports

dance central == ddr / wii dance

so where is you innovative title may i ask??

Finally I know for a fact that if i had posted as much negativity but on the wii, as you have done on move I would be banned by now...

Notice I said the Kinect HARDWARE is innovative, at least somewhat. The games generally are not, I'm completely with you there. The Move games, many of them actually look good, although none of them seem to do anything different.

Why exactly would I be scared? I do not work at Nintendo, nor do I have any stock in Nintendo. Like I said, the ONLY thing that irks me is all the Sony fans bashing the Wiimote, who are suddenly praising the Move and acting like it's so superior when it's essentailly the same device at the Wiimote with motion plus. That's it.

kinect is not innovative it only improves on the original eyetoy,cool aid??

LET ME SEE

EYETOY

30fps, body tracking, microphone, games on rails, sensitive to lights, had issues recognising when you was in the hit area of a button sometimes (menus)

Kinect

30fps (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kinect-tech-analysis), 3d whole body tracking, games on rails, sensitive to lights, lags, pointer funtionalty is awkward, did have issues recognising people in dresses (but i heard this is resolved), did have problems with people sitting down (not sure if this has been fixed yet), it has acces to a HD console

To me that sound like it has improved in some area's, but i believe the speed of the camera is what is truly stopping it from being the beest it could be, for full 3d body tracking you definately need a faster fps rate, also it would be nice for a better resolution as well

have you considered this most of us sony fans might have at least had a chance to play on a friend's wii and made our own conclusions, right now you are just spinning the truth and the truth is in my review thread for the move.

end of discussion, you carry this on and it will get ugly

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

oniyide said:

@metallicube  whats so innovative about the Kinect? its a camera based hardward just like PSEye is. considering how old that thing is Kinect better be...better.  I'll agree with you on the Move games not doing anything to diff. except maybe eyepet, but lets keep it real has anyone done anything diff recently???  Sony fans are praising Move because all reports show it works better, it cant be the same device as Wiimote because it has the benefit of the PSEye, it can give you games that CANNOT be done on Wii. (eyepet for one). GI said it best sometimes its not about innovation its about doing it better than the next game and the Move  and maybe Kinect might do just that 

And again, Move SHOULD be better, considering it is coming out 4 years later. But if was so much better, the nunchuck would have accelerometers. Also, part of the appeal to the Wiimote at least for my money is the simplicity. I really don't see simplicity with the Move.

Kinect is essentially a 3D PSEye merged with the Wii philosophy of games. It's borrowing ideas from others but at least it isn't a direct copy of Move. Again, for the record, the GAMES of Move look much better than the games for Kinect, but MS is at least trying something different with the hardware.

Everybody copies everyone else to some extent, I get that, it's just the nature of capitalism. I'm just don't get the Sony fans (and Sony themselves) who have been bashing the hell out of the Wiimote who are now praising the Move controller, when they really are pretty much the same, that's all.

Metallicube said:
oniyide said:

And again, Move SHOULD be better, considering it is coming out 4 years later. But if was so much better, the nunchuck would have accelerometers. Also, part of the appeal to the Wiimote at least for my money is the simplicity. I really don't see simplicity with the Move.

Kinect is essentially a 3D PSEye merged with the Wii philosophy of games. It's borrowing ideas from others but at least it isn't a direct copy of Move. Again, for the record, the GAMES of Move look much better than the games for Kinect, but MS is at least trying something different with the hardware.

Everybody copies everyone else to some extent, I get that, it's just the nature of capitalism. I'm just don't get the Sony fans (and Sony themselves) who have been bashing the hell out of the Wiimote who are now praising the Move controller, when they really are pretty much the same, that's all.

no it's not you ignore the existance of all eyetoy games, that is truly what move games was truly inspired from, and wii to a certain extent was inspired by the mini games of the eyetoy, your one step closer to REPORT now, doubt anyone will do anything about it though

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

I don't understand some Nintendo fans that hate Move, but not Kinect: Move aims at hardcore and WM Plus markets, that Nintendo never fully exploited, and in a way that overlaps very little with Nintendo's market for WM Plus, even if it should grow, while Kinect is a much more serious threat for Wii Fit and Balance Board, that are a real cash cow for Nintendo, and, maybe even more important, a trojan horse to conquer female gamers.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@metallicube  i understand about that simplicity thing but IMO thats good for the grandmas, soccer moms and little kids who like to play those crappy compilations. THats not what I want and after 4 years thats all that the Wii seems to be mostly providing im ready for the next step and its not some addon that one (even Ninty) supports.  I think Sony gets it with providing actual games I would want play and not Deca sports 6 or Deer Hunter 7. Ill give you that the basic setup for Move is the same but it does a bit more and I'll agree that Sony said some crazy crap this gen, but they all do even that Reggie bastard was spouting off from now and then. As for the actual fans, I can only speak for myself but ive had Wii nearly as long as PS3 ( a little more than 2 years)  so ive never bashed motion tech, IMO opinion I think Ninty could have made it better is all and that is my main problem with the Wii the actual tech is not all that

not trying to defend sony...but, it wasn't all that bad....the mood of this thread makes it seem that Sony went on full bash mode for the entire 30 seconds of the ad.

jneul said:
Arius Dion said:
jneul said:
Jumpin said:

Bottom line, Sony has really gone downhill as a company:

1. Sony made an imitation product, and are now bashing the original product which they imitated; fairly dirty.
2. They went from first place and profitable to last place and losing billions.
3. They lost almost all of their important exclusives (the most important being Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy)
4. They're hypocrites: while Microsoft praised Nintendo's new innovations before making their own unique brand o Motion Controls, Sony bashed them before completely copying the (except with a mysterious pastel colour glow-ball on the end, probably to help the controller appeal to little girls who want to pretend they're Sailor Moon)

1. sigh how many times do we have to post proof that move is no imitator have you lot not seen enough of this video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbSzmRt7HhQ and there is an earlier video from 2001

2. video gaming changes rapidly Nintendo have gone from first to last as well look at what happened when ps first came out, i would not bet at wii staying up there for the rest of the gen, sorry but it is in decline now, your are right about losses but look at all the advancements made in gaming because of them, i have never seen anything as amazing as ps3, but just you watch wii2 will go HD and you all will start jumping on the HD bandwagon (hypocrites)

3. They have not lost all their important exclusives they just chose to let some of them go that's all, meanwhile sony is creating new innovative and exciting I.P's unlike others who just seem to be releasing re-hashed games... yawn

4. wrong they was going on about their own technology they though originally that move may have the same fate as eyetoy, even tho it sold well, long term software sales did die quickly, but since they saw that wii managed to keep the sales up for it's motion control device, they finally decided to unleash it.

Finally kinect is nothing new I love how all you hypocrites are calling it new well hello eyetoy hits you bam in the face, so far all the games are so much like eyetoy games it''s obvious, atleast move is innovating already, first RTS (RUSE) and echochrome ii is totally fresh

So Kinect is a copy of Eye Toy, but the Move is Not a copy of the Wii mote. Interesting. What if some shoddy youtube video with a date of 1999 was shown and MS claimed they had this tech in mind waaaay before Eye Toy was released...Nah what am I saying you'd probably call that video a joke. Sports Champions is innovating. Not like I haven't seen those games before. You can't have it both ways, love.

I said nothing about sport champions innovating, it only improves on WSR, what i did say innovated was echochrome ii, like i said above i think i am wasting my time now if you all want to be ignorant, that is fine by me

No need for name calling. Improves on WSR? In what way? From what I've seen it looks inferior. Understand, tech is meaningless if it doesn't have software to back it up. And considering I am the consumer Sony wishes to reach to Move, they are going to have to try harder than a few Wii knock off titles to convince me.

None of the Move games are innovative, they have been done before. I was just exposing your argument about Kinect being a ripped off Eye Toy, which I believe it is. But I believe you can't hold kinect to that standard if you don't also hold the move to that standard. That being that its a Wii mote knock off. An extra accelerometer here or there ain't gonna change that.

But I've seen your posts before, so I'm probably the one wasting MY time.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
jneul said:
Arius Dion said:
jneul said:
Jumpin said:

Bottom line, Sony has really gone downhill as a company:

1. Sony made an imitation product, and are now bashing the original product which they imitated; fairly dirty.
2. They went from first place and profitable to last place and losing billions.
3. They lost almost all of their important exclusives (the most important being Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy)
4. They're hypocrites: while Microsoft praised Nintendo's new innovations before making their own unique brand o Motion Controls, Sony bashed them before completely copying the (except with a mysterious pastel colour glow-ball on the end, probably to help the controller appeal to little girls who want to pretend they're Sailor Moon)

1. sigh how many times do we have to post proof that move is no imitator have you lot not seen enough of this video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbSzmRt7HhQ and there is an earlier video from 2001

2. video gaming changes rapidly Nintendo have gone from first to last as well look at what happened when ps first came out, i would not bet at wii staying up there for the rest of the gen, sorry but it is in decline now, your are right about losses but look at all the advancements made in gaming because of them, i have never seen anything as amazing as ps3, but just you watch wii2 will go HD and you all will start jumping on the HD bandwagon (hypocrites)

3. They have not lost all their important exclusives they just chose to let some of them go that's all, meanwhile sony is creating new innovative and exciting I.P's unlike others who just seem to be releasing re-hashed games... yawn

4. wrong they was going on about their own technology they though originally that move may have the same fate as eyetoy, even tho it sold well, long term software sales did die quickly, but since they saw that wii managed to keep the sales up for it's motion control device, they finally decided to unleash it.

Finally kinect is nothing new I love how all you hypocrites are calling it new well hello eyetoy hits you bam in the face, so far all the games are so much like eyetoy games it''s obvious, atleast move is innovating already, first RTS (RUSE) and echochrome ii is totally fresh

So Kinect is a copy of Eye Toy, but the Move is Not a copy of the Wii mote. Interesting. What if some shoddy youtube video with a date of 1999 was shown and MS claimed they had this tech in mind waaaay before Eye Toy was released...Nah what am I saying you'd probably call that video a joke. Sports Champions is innovating. Not like I haven't seen those games before. You can't have it both ways, love.

I said nothing about sport champions innovating, it only improves on WSR, what i did say innovated was echochrome ii, like i said above i think i am wasting my time now if you all want to be ignorant, that is fine by me

No need for name calling. Improves on WSR? In what way? From what I've seen it looks inferior. Understand, tech is meaningless if it doesn't have software to back it up. And considering I am the consumer Sony wishes to reach to Move, they are going to have to try harder than a few Wii knock off titles to convince me.

None of the Move games are innovative, they have been done before. I was just exposing your argument about Kinect being a ripped off Eye Toy, which I believe it is. But I believe you can't hold kinect to that standard if you don't also hold the move to that standard. That being that its a Wii mote knock off. An extra accelerometer here or there ain't gonna change that.

But I've seen your posts before, so I'm probably the one wasting MY time.

I DID NOT CALL YOU NAMES. To do that i would have todo more than what I did, right go watch the iWaggle channel and find the sports champions demo he did then please tell me if wsr is able to do it as well because that guy has played on wii sports resort as well and knows all it's flaws, so I am not the only one saying this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOIbYuJN6Nw, then watch the video leo posted.

Echochrome II is not innovate?? ok then spin away.

Finally it's not just one extra accelerometer, it has a magnet and a camera, and what about the gyros, what about augmented reality, what about object modelling, all you have to do is look at the tch demo's for an example of each being used, and augmented reality is already in start the party

at least if you are going to try and make out that wii is better please try and post proof, not unless you believe that extra precision makes it worse.... also you have not played move and wii motion plus with wsr like I have, so right now like it or not you are biased...

PS VITA = LIFE