Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Halo: Reach will outsell COD: Black Ops

reidlosdog said:
yo_john117 said:
reidlosdog said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Saying Halo games take more skill than the CoD games is complete bullshit in my opinion. You would maybe have an argument if you were only talking about MW2, but only maybe.

There are a lot of things in life that can be considered an opinion....this is not one of them.

Sure COD games take skill to be really good, its just that Halo takes so much more to be good at it.

I hope you are only talking about MW2 then, because that's the only CoD game I think can be easier to be good at than Halo games, but as for the older CoD games I think they take about as much skill as Halo or more (CoD1, 2 for example)

Well I really can't comment on the first three COD's since I haven't played the multiplayer but anything from Modern Warfare and up doesn't take as much skill as Halo.

Halo Reach is God's gift to gamers.

Just had to say that...

And its true too....BTW you might want to shorten your sig.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO SHORTEN YOUR SIG!!!

It doesn't lag up the system at all, it's not a video or pictures.  Just text.  You should read it, pretty freaking epic.

Just saying its pretty long and I got a warning for having one only slightly longer then mine.  I personally don't care....but mods or other users might.

Around the Network
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:

Well I really can't comment on the first three COD's since I haven't played the multiplayer but anything from Modern Warfare and up doesn't take as much skill as Halo.

Still, there's a hardcore mode in Cod that takes much more skill than the normal modes (no radar, no grenade indicators, one shot=kill and more). 

And if we're taking CoD games for PC into the equation it's pretty obvious to me that CoD is harder than Halo :P.

All this doesn't really matter though, just play what you like to play. 

While I agree that Hardcore mode in COD takes more skill than the other playlists it still doesn't even come remotley close to Halo.  Not by a mile.

you said it yourself COD is a 1 shot kill game, that is the polar opposite of skill. 

yo_john117 said:
reidlosdog said:
yo_john117 said:
reidlosdog said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Saying Halo games take more skill than the CoD games is complete bullshit in my opinion. You would maybe have an argument if you were only talking about MW2, but only maybe.

There are a lot of things in life that can be considered an opinion....this is not one of them.

Sure COD games take skill to be really good, its just that Halo takes so much more to be good at it.

I hope you are only talking about MW2 then, because that's the only CoD game I think can be easier to be good at than Halo games, but as for the older CoD games I think they take about as much skill as Halo or more (CoD1, 2 for example)

Halo Reach is God's gift to gamers.

Just had to say that...

And its true too....BTW you might want to shorten your sig.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO SHORTEN YOUR SIG!!!

It doesn't lag up the system at all, it's not a video or pictures.  Just text.  You should read it, pretty freaking epic.

Just saying its pretty long and I got a warning for having one only slightly longer then mine.  I personally don't care....but mods or other users might.

I'll take my chances.  I love this movie.  I think everyone and their mom should watch it.  I think almost every single person with a video on their signature should remove theirs, but I don't complain.  They lag up the system sooooo much, it's hard to load anything with their pictures and the ads that VG has.

V:  And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence.

BenVTrigger said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:

Still, there's a hardcore mode in Cod that takes much more skill than the normal modes (no radar, no grenade indicators, one shot=kill and more). 

And if we're taking CoD games for PC into the equation it's pretty obvious to me that CoD is harder than Halo :P.

While I agree that Hardcore mode in COD takes more skill than the other playlists it still doesn't even come remotley close to Halo.  Not by a mile.

you said it yourself COD is a 1 shot kill game, that is the polar opposite of skill. 

I've noticed that in CoD vids (I've never played CoD multiplayer) that everything looks like a one shot kill. Also, the killstreaks or whatever they're called are a textbook definition of being unbalanced. I mean, I know they're fun and all but if I'm the person getting killed all the time, I'd be getting annoyed. That being said, I'm probably getting Black Ops because the campaign looks fun, but I have no interest in the wager match playlist because everyone in that is going to be so ridiculously good it isn't even funny. I expect the multiplayer to be about as balanced as Gears multiplayer is, which is to say, not at all.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
BenVTrigger said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:

I've noticed that in CoD vids (I've never played CoD multiplayer) that everything looks like a one shot kill. Also, the killstreaks or whatever they're called are a textbook definition of being unbalanced. I mean, I know they're fun and all but if I'm the person getting killed all the time, I'd be getting annoyed. That being said, I'm probably getting Black Ops because the campaign looks fun, but I have no interest in the wager match playlist because everyone in that is going to be so ridiculously good it isn't even funny. I expect the multiplayer to be about as balanced as Gears multiplayer is, which is to say, not at all.

I love COD and am beast at it but its unbalanced as hell.

WAY more unbalanced than Gears.

Around the Network
wfz said:

The smart move about his statement is that if all else fails, he can say he was comparing it only to the Wii version of Black Ops, which we know Halo Reach will decimate.

The Wii outsold the 360 ww this week therefor we no longer compare the 360 to the Wii as they're not in competition with each other again .

Are you guys really arguing which arcade shooter played on a console with gamepads needs more skill?

Both are great, both require different skills to succeed, why not leave it at that?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Hell Yeah, while its a challenge, i no for sure more people will be playing reach vs black ops when the rankings come in, reach will be unstoppable online.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Funny how he wouldn't say it would sell move than MW2.

pezus said:
Reasonable said:

Are you guys really arguing which arcade shooter played on a console with gamepads needs more skill?

Both are great, both require different skills to succeed, why not leave it at that?

I was actually saying that they both need skill but yeah I agree. Let's leave it at that.

Yah, I know you were, I was just trying to seem fair when butting in!

They clearly both need skill - the feeling someone would get jumping into a game a few months after launch is a testement to that alone - and that's what I wanted to convey.  Also, I just stuck in the bit about gamepads, etc. to get some focus not to knock them a'la Shio.

Both titles require skill and I just fail to see any objective way to say one needs more than the other, as Yo John seemed to be pushing (and I know you were more pushing the angle the both need skill vs one requiring more skill, so no worries there!).

There's no way to quantify that suitably.  It's just an opinion between those titles IMHO.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...