By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Halo: Reach will outsell COD: Black Ops

oniyide said:

@yo john   im sure you would, I dont have Halo or 360 and honestly im not that into FPSs as I used to be

I was just pointing out that Halo does take a rather large amount of skill to be good at.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Saying Halo games take more skill than the CoD games is complete bullshit in my opinion. You would maybe have an argument if you were only talking about MW2, but only maybe.

There are a lot of things in life that can be considered an opinion....this is not one of them.

Sure COD games take skill to be really good, its just that Halo takes so much more to be good at it.

To me it looks likes Halo Reach is gonna take more skills to play than Black Ops.

I personally haven't played many Halo matches ever but I find it's easy to get into and I dunno if I'm just good (and not to be braggin) but I found that Halo 3 didn't need much skill.

But with Reach you have Jetpacks, Armor Abilities etc, which will take some time to fully master for the core Halo players and that's where the skills come in. Black Ops now has Wager Matches, which makes it requiring more skill than any other COD game so far. You need to constantly pay attention and be able to kill with every weapon in one of the Wager Matches. So I think it's fair to say that both Reach and Black Ops require some proper skills to survive online.

And seriously, why can't these guys get specific? Why can't they just say "Yeah I'm confident that Halo Reach can outsell Black Ops this Autumn on X360 Worldwide"?

any game you play will take some level of skill. some games just have a steeper learning curve. IMHO i think Halo games and MW games dont have that steep of a learning curve. anyone who doesnt game that much can go in a be competant (theres nothing wrong with that)  Killzone 2 had a curve.

@crossx  they dont wanna get specific because they know (as usual) they are full of crap and they need an out. so when they get trounced by Black ops they can "oh we meant the 360 version)

Of course he meant on the 360 only...

People really do make mountains out of molehills/

Its going to be close, I think black ops may have a better first week but I think halo reach will probably outsell it overall. But both are going to sell very similarly on the 360.

Around the Network

Pre Orders for Black Ops are higher than MW2 right now (for it's time).

I'm afraid Black Ops might actually have the chance to pull this one off.  I'm getting it, hell, I'm getting both.  They are 2 months aparts, sales won't be effected by either.

I just think campaign for Black Ops won't be too great.  What I hear from reveiwers is that Halo Reach broke out of it's "one mission is you running around, another is you driving," now it's you doing everything at once, while on steriods, with phantoms shooting lards of plasma at you, and the covenant laughing the entire time.  Then you turn around, jump jet, and completely mutilate their alien hides.

But that's just what I heard.

V:  And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence.

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Saying Halo games take more skill than the CoD games is complete bullshit in my opinion. You would maybe have an argument if you were only talking about MW2, but only maybe.

There are a lot of things in life that can be considered an opinion....this is not one of them.

Sure COD games take skill to be really good, its just that Halo takes so much more to be good at it.

I hope you are only talking about MW2 then, because that's the only CoD game I think can be easier to be good at than Halo games, but as for the older CoD games I think they take about as much skill as Halo or more (CoD1, 2 for example)

Well I really can't comment on the first three COD's since I haven't played the multiplayer but anything from Modern Warfare and up doesn't take as much skill as Halo.

yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

I hope you are only talking about MW2 then, because that's the only CoD game I think can be easier to be good at than Halo games, but as for the older CoD games I think they take about as much skill as Halo or more (CoD1, 2 for example)

Well I really can't comment on the first three COD's since I haven't played the multiplayer but anything from Modern Warfare and up doesn't take as much skill as Halo.

Halo Reach is God's gift to gamers.

Just had to say that...

V:  And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence.

reidlosdog said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Just had to say that...

And its true too....BTW you might want to shorten your sig.

yo_john117 said:
reidlosdog said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Just had to say that...

And its true too....BTW you might want to shorten your sig.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO SHORTEN YOUR SIG!!!

It doesn't lag up the system at all, it's not a video or pictures.  Just text.  You should read it, pretty freaking epic.