By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Sports is gonna be the great motion party game ever!!!

Mr Puggsly said:
Severance said:

Looks okay,  why is it the greatest? i think the greatest is still Resort, because that actually had some kind of "island background" and was very relaxing and beautiful

I really tried playing Resort but I thought it was awful (came with my Wii). The games were boring and the controls weren't what I hoped. Sold it off for some light gun games, I'm very happy with the decision.

Although, I did enjoy Wii Fit much more.

you mean the original Wii Sports ? i'm talking about the sequel.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Severance said:

you mean the original Wii Sports ? i'm talking about the sequel.

How could I possibly confuse Resort with the original Wii Sports? It uses the Motion!!!!

Both came with my black Wii. Both were horrendous.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

LordMatrix said:
kowhoho said:

...This isn't a gameplay trailer or anything.

The only actual gameplay I've seen for this was Track and Field, where you run in place until you need to hop and repeat ad nauseum.

For someone who accuses others of "buying into the hype" this thread seems a bit hypocritical.

The whole trailer was gameplay. LOL!

None of the introductory scenes were actually in-game. It just showed an avatar doing things that are associated with what the gameplay is. There was about .5 seconds of ping pong and javelin tossing but that was it.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Showing a motion controlled game isn't like showing a normal game when talking about "Gameplay"...I wanna see people playing the game, not just a video of the game on-screen

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Vanbierk said:

Showing a motion controlled game isn't like showing a normal game when talking about "Gameplay"...I wanna see people playing the game, not just a video of the game on-screen

Have you not seen those trailers of the families playing Kinect?

They are giggling, throwing high fives, clapping, just having a friggin blast.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Vanbierk said:

>_>

I hope you realize they are actors. I really do.

Way to hide actual gameplay, they can make a nice commercial but I still have my doubts about how good this game is going to be.

Mr Puggsly said:
Vanbierk said:

LOL, That must be the funniest posting I've read in a very long time. I really hope that wasn't meant serious...

But anyway, I too wonder why they didn't show some actors playing the game like in most other Kinect commercials. In motion-controller games and in especially in Kinect games I think showing people playing the game is very important for potential customers to get an impression and judge if they're interested in the game. I would actually suspect not showing people in a Kinect game commercial means potential customers might get turned off.

ArnoldRimmer said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Vanbierk said:

LOL, That must be the funniest posting I've read in a very long time. I really hope that wasn't meant serious...

But anyway, I too wonder why they didn't show some actors playing the game like in most other Kinect commercials. In motion-controller games and in especially in Kinect games I think showing people playing the game is very important for potential customers to get an impression and judge if they're interested in the game. I would actually suspect not showing people in a Kinect game commercial means potential customers might get turned off.

Well they have thousands of videos around the web of people playing it and several ads of actors playing.

Perhaps in this trailer they wanted to focus on the game itself?

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Vanbierk said:

Well they have thousands of videos around the web of people playing it and several ads of actors playing.

Perhaps in this trailer they wanted to focus on the game itself?

They didn't show the game being played! Also... the footage of people playing it isn't very exciting. If you can prove me wrong please do. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about what a fun time Kinect is if you show me something where someone legitimately seems to be enjoying themselves.