By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Sports is gonna be the great motion party game ever!!!

kowhoho said:

...This isn't a gameplay trailer or anything.

The only actual gameplay I've seen for this was Track and Field, where you run in place until you need to hop and repeat ad nauseum.

For someone who accuses others of "buying into the hype" this thread seems a bit hypocritical.

They've also demonstrated the soccer and bowling game by the way. Look it up.

This all looks like it was taken from the game to me... perhaps I'm wrong?

You are clearly just looking for a fight, calm down buddy. Its not about "buying into hype," I'm just intrigued by this party game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

The only actual gameplay I've seen for this was Track and Field, where you run in place until you need to hop and repeat ad nauseum.

For someone who accuses others of "buying into the hype" this thread seems a bit hypocritical.

You are clearly just looking for a fight, calm down buddy. Its not about "buying into hype," I'm just intrigued by this party game.

Calling it the greatest party game ever isn't getting a bit riled up?

And despite the supposed "clarity" of my fight mongering, I really don't want to argue with you.

I was only pointing out your double standard. I've seen you tear apart people who praise the Move controller and then you evangelize this Kinect game and expect others to join in.

I survived the Apocalyps3

They're smart, they won't be showing people actually playing the game because people always seem to look awkward...and like it's not really fun at all....

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

And despite the supposed "clarity" of my fight mongering, I really don't want to argue with you.

I was only pointing out your double standard. I've seen you tear apart people who praise the Move controller and then you evangelize this Kinect game and expect others to join in.

Perhaps you took the title too seriously. But then again... have party games ever really been that great?

What was my complaint about the Move? Perhaps I felt its to similar to something that already exist?

I'm also intereted in motion technolgy games that actually follow your entire body. Not just your hands (maybe your head?). Anyhow, this isn't so much about the Kinect as it is this game.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

Perhaps you took the title too seriously. But then again... have party games ever really been that great?

What was my complaint about the Move? Perhaps I felt its to similar to something that already exist?

I'm also intereted in motion technolgy games that actually follow your entire body. Not just your hands (maybe your head?). Anyhow, this isn't so much about the Kinect as it is this game.

Just don't let yourself become part of the hype machine by over-exaggerating.

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:

They're smart, they won't be showing people actually playing the game because people always seem to look awkward...and like it's not really fun at all....

Because people playing Move and Wii looks so friggin cool?

Panties are getting wet from this video I'm sure...

By the way, notice he accidently says Wii in the video.

Recently Completed

kowhoho said:

Just don't let yourself become part of the hype machine by over-exaggerating.

I'm not becoming part of the the "hype machine by over-exaggerating."

I AM THE "hype machine by over-exaggerating."

Seriously though, I don't know how this game is going to turn out but I do believe it'll be a popular title. Try not to take any comment that says, "greatest ever" seriously. Unless "greatest ever" is in regards to Halo Reach.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Vanbierk said:

Because people playing Move and Wii looks so friggin cool?

Panties are getting wet from this video I'm sure...

By the way, notice he accidently says Wii in the video. I wonder why!?!?

Erm, he didn't say anything about the Move.

kowhoho said:

Well its generally people who are not fans of the 360 that use the, "looking dumb/silly/retarded while playing" argument.

Perhaps he wasn't implying Move players look cooler. But I have a feeling he wouldn't use that dumb argument for a Move video.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

Well its generally people who are not fans of the 360 that use the, "looking dumb/silly/retarded while playing" argument.

Perhaps he wasn't implying Move players look cooler. But I have a feeling he wouldn't use that dumb argument for a Move video.

You don't really base that "feeling" off of anything concrete at all, though?