By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Sports is gonna be the great motion party game ever!!!

miz1q2w3e said:
kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Slimebeast said:

That commercial was awful and will not attract casuals. Or anyone else for that matter. The presentation of gameplay was awkward, the music sucked and those avatars look hideous.

Awkward gameplay and hideous avatars... is this not something the Wii party games suffer from?

Oh well, we are entitled to our opinions.

>_> Why don't you treat me with the same respect as this guy?

Also, it's a strange argument to make that because Wii games are bad Kinect games being equally bad isn't a problem...

How'd you manage to stick that little stealthy statement in with your post? unbelievable...

Why do you people think I'm hiding the things I say? They're right there for you to see them. :/

That was the argument he was making! I mean, what?! He made the excuse for Kinect Sports that because Wii party games suffer from the same problems, its not an issue with Kinect Sports. Not exactly sound logic. So... strange.

There, did I justify my comment enough for you? :/

I survived the Apocalyps3

Around the Network
kowhoho said:
miz1q2w3e said:
kowhoho said:

Also, it's a strange argument to make that because Wii games are bad Kinect games being equally bad isn't a problem...

How'd you manage to stick that little stealthy statement in with your post? unbelievable...

Why do you people think I'm hiding the things I say? They're right there for you to see them. :/

That was the argument he was making! I mean, what?! He made the excuse for Kinect Sports that because Wii party games suffer from the same problems, its not an issue with Kinect Sports. Not exactly sound logic.

I never said you were hiding anything, just that you managed to insert a comment that Wii games were bad and so were kinect games even though people weren't talking about the quality of Wii/Kinect games, only the quality of the commercial

you need to stop hating on other consoles, just because you don't like it doesn't make it's bad/of inferior quality...

kowhoho said:
miz1q2w3e said:
kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Slimebeast said:

That commercial was awful and will not attract casuals. Or anyone else for that matter. The presentation of gameplay was awkward, the music sucked and those avatars look hideous.

Awkward gameplay and hideous avatars... is this not something the Wii party games suffer from?

Oh well, we are entitled to our opinions.

That was the argument he was making! I mean, what?! He made the excuse for Kinect Sports that because Wii party games suffer from the same problems, its not an issue with Kinect Sports. Not exactly sound logic. So... strange.

There, did I justify my comment enough for you? :/

For the record, I wasn't making excuses for Kinect Sports. I just have the complete opposite opinion of what Slimebeast said. I actually really like the presentation. He also said it wouldn't appeal to anyone, which I disagree.

The comments he made are actually how I feel about the Wii party games. But those are a huge success regardless.

So I'm not saying it suffers from the same problem at all.

Ultimately, you don't understand what I was saying at all and went on dumb rant anyway.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I think everybody needs to chill and go there own seperate ways...

Ot- commercial is ok i guess. i hate the wii avatar look but its not a game for me so who knows maybe it will be great.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

All of the games I've seen for it suck (imo) as far as a technological and "fun" level go.

Bias implies prejudice and I am not prejudiced against anything here. I really haven't seen anything good for it. If you have seen something that people like me would actually want to spend time and money on, I'm open to education.

I watched the Forza demo which honestly felt like half a game because you can't even accelerate.What's the point.

I saw that Harry Potter hogwash.

I stomached the video for Kinect Adventures, which had people move uncomfortably to dodge obstacles while standing still on a platform.

I've seen actual gameplay for the sports compilation, where football is just a choice of kicking left, right or forward and the race is all about running in place like a baffoon and jumping 10 feet before the hurdle because the camera needs a second to pick it up.

I've seen plenty and none of it has been anything more than mediocre.

It seems with every post you elaborate your dislike for the Kinect and software. I think you've already made your feelings about the Kinect clear.

I started this thred to have a discussion about Kinect Sports. Not to hear you piss and moan about everything involving the Kinect.

It seems like you're trying to make some dramatic accusation about me... but I've already made it perfectly clear (on purpose, not through devious means) that Kinect doesn't attract me. This isn't news. I want to like it because I can see its potential, but nothing I've seen so far excites me. I wanted you to show me what exactly it was that made you fall in love with it but instead of doing that you took on a crusade against everything Kowhoho.

Show me what it is that makes Kinect great. I may not know what it is that everyone's going crazy over, honestly. What did I miss? FRICKEN SHOW ME.

The premise of not needing a controller is interesting as long as it's implemented right. If you can show me a piece of software that does this exceptionally, I will take it seriously. I am a reasonable and smart person, as you said before. If there's something out there that's really great then I'll acknowledge it as such.

Have you completely missed seeing Dance Central?  Everyone who plays says it works extremely well and is a lot of fun.  It was voted best Motion Game by game critics at E3.  I posted TWO videos of people playing and enjoying Kinect games earlier in the thread.  Did you miss those as well?

Around the Network

Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

...This isn't a gameplay trailer or anything.

The only actual gameplay I've seen for this was Track and Field, where you run in place until you need to hop and repeat ad nauseum.

For someone who accuses others of "buying into the hype" this thread seems a bit hypocritical.

They've also demonstrated the soccer and bowling game by the way. Look it up.

This all looks like it was taken from the game to me... perhaps I'm wrong?

You are clearly just looking for a fight, calm down buddy. Its not about "buying into hype," I'm just intrigued by this party game.

Calling it the greatest party game ever isn't getting a bit riled up?

And despite the supposed "clarity" of my fight mongering, I really don't want to argue with you.

I was only pointing out your double standard. I've seen you tear apart people who praise the Move controller and then you evangelize this Kinect game and expect others to join in.

Perhaps you took the title too seriously. But then again... have party games ever really been that great?

What was my complaint about the Move? Perhaps I felt its to similar to something that already exist?

I'm also intereted in motion technolgy games that actually follow your entire body. Not just your hands (maybe your head?). Anyhow, this isn't so much about the Kinect as it is this game.

Not to pick or anything but nothing Sony or Micro has done for motion control has been something new. They have the potential to one day but have not yet.

As for move (eye) not tracking your body you know it can do a large portion of body tracking (not to kinects extent obviously)

Q: How does the PlayStation Eye camera work with the PlayStation Move motion controller?
A: The PlayStation Eye tracks the sphere on the motion controller to detect exactly where
you are and the direction you are moving. The PlayStation Eye also tracks your upper body
movement and translates that into the game. This allows the character on screen to move
exactly as you move in real life.

Q: Why must I calibrate the controller?
A: Calibration must be done as part of the game set-up to ensure the system knows how far
you are from the screen as well as your body dimensions. Every game has a different
calibration approach, but at some point before beginning gameplay, all games require the
player to calibrate by pointing the controller at the PlayStation Eye camera and following the on-screen directions.

Ignore the better comment and crap

Q: Why is PlayStation Move better than the Kinect or the Wii?
A: PlayStation Move is the most powerful, precise, and easy-to-use motion controller ever designed. It combines the strengths of a physical controller — physical buttons and vibration feedback — with the flexibility afforded by motion controls as well as unmatched precision. PlayStation Move can also precisely detect the absolute position of the controller held by the users in real-life 3D space. Additionally, it makes use of the PlayStation Eye camera for head and body tracking, photo and video capability, online video chat and more.

Also this game shows the eye can track legs and all that stuff

http://www.kungfulivegame.com/

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!