By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Sports is gonna be the great motion party game ever!!!

kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well they have thousands of videos around the web of people playing it and several ads of actors playing.

Perhaps in this trailer they wanted to focus on the game itself?

They didn't show the game being played! Also... the footage of people playing it isn't very exciting. If you can prove me wrong please do. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about what a fun time Kinect is if you show me something where someone legitimately seems to be enjoying themselves.

You want me to find a video that legitimately shows people enjoying themselves while playing Kinect?

Do they need to be smiling and yelling "I'm enjoying myself"?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well they have thousands of videos around the web of people playing it and several ads of actors playing.

Perhaps in this trailer they wanted to focus on the game itself?

They didn't show the game being played! Also... the footage of people playing it isn't very exciting. If you can prove me wrong please do. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about what a fun time Kinect is if you show me something where someone legitimately seems to be enjoying themselves.

You want me to find a video that legitimately shows people enjoying themselves while playing Kinect?

Do they need to be smiling and yelling "I'm enjoying myself"?

Erm, no... They have to be non-actors who look like/say definitively that they're enjoying it. Not just standing in place and doing what the screen says just because.

I survived the Apocalyps3

kowhoho said:

Erm, no... They have to be non-actors who look like/say definitively that they're enjoying it. Not just standing in place and doing what the screen says just because.

Well obviously I can't find that video. It doesn't exist. Nobody could possibly be having fun playing Kinect.

And that's the best way to describe it. You just stand in place doing what you're told. There are no games... you just do stuff it tells you.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Check out Kinect Me. The people are not actors. They aren't asked if they are enjoying themselves, but it is very clear from the videos that they are having a good time. Some of the videos have quotes from the people who played regarding their experience.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

Well obviously I can't find that video. It doesn't exist. Nobody could possibly be having fun playing Kinect.

And that's the best way to describe it. You just stand in place doing what you're told. There are no games... you just do stuff it tells you.

I'm not sure why you're being so sarcastic. Here, I'll show you what I'm talking about.

This would be an example of someone who doesn't look like they're having much fun at all. He flicks his wrist at the screen the whole time.

Around the Network

Perfect, I already told all my Xbox friends but one I decided to order Kinect and Dance Central instead of Reach. I'll start talking about Sports now!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
dreamcast210 said:

Check out Kinect Me. The people are not actors. They aren't asked if they are enjoying themselves, but it is very clear from the videos that they are having a good time. Some of the videos have quotes from the people who played regarding their experience.

I watched a few vids and it's clear that these quotes (such as "this was a fun game and awesomee [sic]") are cherry picked. Having all those boxes of people's videos makes it seem like a lot but after a second or two you see them repeat. At the absolute most there are probably 50 to 100 videos. Having a 100% satisfaction rate isn't true to life, and the bubbly pop music that plays with each of them also skews things a bit. A better kind of video to take info from would be one with no added music or any editing done to it.

kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

I'm not sure why you're being so sarcastic. Here, I'll show you what I'm talking about.

This would be an example of someone who doesn't look like they're having much fun at all. He flicks his wrist at the screen the whole time.

Yeah, this is the whole Kinect experience. You just stand there and flick your wrist.

That was MS's goal, create a control free device that only tracks wrist waggling.

And we all know if one Kinect game is boring, than every Kinect game is boring.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowhoho said:

Yeah, this is the whole Kinect experience. You just stand there and flick your wrist.

That was MS's goal, create a control free device that only tracks wrist waggling.

And we all know if one Kinect game is boring, than every Kinect game is boring.

SHOW ME SOMETHING THAT ISN'T YOU SARCASTIC COWPATTY

My ears are bleeding. Somebody on Kinect's marketing team needs corrective phrenology.

I'm not sure about the rest of the games, but I'd probably love Kinect boxing to death.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.