By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Two Worlds II looks really good!

Open world RPG á la Oblivion if any of you might not know. In third person view, no first person. Comes out on PS3, X360 and PC on 5th October (possibly "end of September" in Europe).

Comparable with Oblivion in size. Total world is 60 square kilometers of which 25 square kilometers is land mass. (Oblivion total world size was around 40 square kilometers, mostly land). You can sail between the islands.

It has an online mode for 8 player PvP and co-op, and one mode with some form of persistency in it where you have guild houses or guild villages.

I love the magic. You can combine lots of spells. And personally I love the dry sound effects lol:

Menus and inventory lists seem a bit cluttered but I guess you will get used to it lol. There's tons of options for customization of your stuff, like adding stats by combining weapons with materials, orbs and crystals.

In this video you get a feel of the controls and combat, the questline with camera angles and dialogue, customization of spells, alchemy and crafting and in the last 2 minutes of the clip there's some nice vistas with beautiful graphics (X360):

Great lighting and shadows in this dungeon (X360):

Around the Network

I am SO BUYING This game!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

it does

darthdevidem01 said:

Cool! PS3 or PC version?

I wanna try Two Worlds II online with someone (PC).

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Cool! PS3 or PC version?

I'll be at Uni then so probably PC

But I would prefer PS3 version

I just can't get into the vibe of playing a game on PC sometimes!

Does it have online?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Cool! PS3 or PC version?

Does it have online?

Yes it does. You can own houses and have guilds. From what I understand it's a bit of a persistent world. Not sure how many players simultaneously, maybe 8 or 16 or so.

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Cool! PS3 or PC version?

Does it have online?

Yes it does. You can own houses and have guilds. From what I understand it's a bit of a persistent world. Not sure how many players simultaneously, maybe 8 or 16 or so.

That would be fun!

Why don't you get it for your PS3?

But wasn't Two Worlds 1 crap?

The game does look infinitely better then the first game.

darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Cool! PS3 or PC version?

Does it have online?

That would be fun!

For me it's the other way around. I prefer KB and mouse unless it's an Uncharted/Assassin's Creed type of game. Although I might get it on PS3 too if I can find it for cheap just so I can play with you lol.

Two Worlds was crap but I'm sure all that criticism it got just made these guys put even more effort into making this one really good lol.

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Cool! PS3 or PC version?

Does it have online?

That would be fun!

For me it's the other way around. I prefer KB and mouse unless it's an Uncharted/Assassin's Creed type of game. Although I might get it on PS3 too if I can find it for cheap just so I can play with you lol.

Two Worlds was crap but I'm sure all that criticism it got just made these guys put even more effort into making this one really good lol.

lol it'll be fun to play it with you though, let me know which version your getting closer to launch

saw the videos now, this may be my fav WRPG since Oblivion if its as good as its looking!