By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20 Best Selling New IPs of 2010

kinect games should enter top 20 soon mainly KInect Adventures , Dance Central and KInectimals.

i see all of them selling around 1-2 mil before 2010.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
priteshmodi said:

No problem! You're doing a fantastic job. If you need any help I'd be more than happy to spend some time on this thread.

Thanks but I think I should be able to manage by myself. Although if you see a game that's not on the list that should be or is selling  a lot it'd be great if you brought it to my attention. I'm tracking every game on the list plus a few others so it's entirely possible I'll miss some

Oh and Wii Party is on the list now and the first few have been linked, will do the rest later

impressed with your commitment; well done.

Do we know anything of World of Goo's sales?

Declan said:

I'd agree that Wii Party should count as a new IP, even if it is just a rebranding of an older IP (i.e. Mario Party).  Be interested to see how Flingsmash does as Nintendo's latest new IP.

Cool then we can include Castlevania in the new IP thread too ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Declan said:

I'd agree that Wii Party should count as a new IP, even if it is just a rebranding of an older IP (i.e. Mario Party).  Be interested to see how Flingsmash does as Nintendo's latest new IP.

If its a rebranding of an older IP how can you say it should be counted as new?

Also great job with the thread.  It makes me feel bad that i am not keeping up to date with the Blu-ray Sales Tracking thread.

Vetteman94 said:
Declan said:

I mean that the game itself emulates a lot of what's done in a long-running series of a different IP, but in rebranding it Nintendo have technically vreated a new IP.  It's new in the same way that something like Dante's Inferno is new - it does what has clearly been done before, but not with that name.

Declan said:
Vetteman94 said:
Declan said:

I mean that the game itself emulates a lot of what's done in a long-running series of a different IP, but in rebranding it Nintendo have technically vreated a new IP.  It's new in the same way that something like Dante's Inferno is new - it does what has clearly been done before, but not with that name.

Well rebranding wouldnt be the right term then.   Dante's Inferno is new because its a new game based off no other game before it.  Just because its similar to other games in the same genre doesnt make it the same game with a different name.  

Vetteman94 said:
Declan said:
Vetteman94 said:
Declan said:

Well rebranding wouldnt be the right term then.   Dante's Inferno is new because its a new game based off no other game before it.  Just because its similar to other games in the same genre doesnt make it the same game with a different name.  

Not sure I agree with you on that one - I'd say Dante's Inferno is very much based on some games that have gone before it, particularly God of War and perhaps Castlevania.  Also, the release of Wii Party along with an unusually lengthy absence for a Mario Party update strongly suggests to me that a rebranding has taken place - I'd expect to see Wii Party 2 before Mario Party 9.