By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20 Best Selling New IPs of 2010

Update:

Dance on Broadway moves up from 19th to 18th
Alpha Protocol drops from 18th to 19th in response
ZhuZhu Pets moves up from 17th to 15th thanks to some adjustments (European data added)
Dark Void falls from 15th to 17th
Sports Champions continues its climb, getting up to 11th from 12th
Blur drops from 11th to 12th in response

Around the Network

Update

Art Academy continues its rise jumping from 16th to 14th
Nier starts to drop in response going from 14th to 16th
Sports Champions breaks into the top 10 jumping from 11th to 9th and clearing 500k
Split/Second drops out of the drop 10 to 11th
Resonance of Fate drops from 9th to 10th

Sports Champions looks set to continue its rise up the charts if recent sales are anything to go by

Wii party is new IP, considering an old IP bacuase it shares "wii" in the name is senseless, it's a completetly different game from other wii fit or wii sports; so also Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros are the same IP, and Super Mario Bros is also the same IP as Super Smash Bros, because there is the "bros" name and Mario is a playable character? Not to mention what has already been said about the Tom Clancy games.

I'd agree that Wii Party should count as a new IP, even if it is just a rebranding of an older IP (i.e. Mario Party).  Be interested to see how Flingsmash does as Nintendo's latest new IP.

Esquoret said:

Intellectual Property (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

That is correct. It also stands for Internet Protocol but that wouldn't make much sense in this context :)

May I suggest that the titles or box arts for the games link to the software sales pages for the titles? I want to track if/how well Darksiders is on pace of passing Heavy Rain! (I guy can hope)

Around the Network

Excellent choices.  I can tell a real gamer when I see one.

freebs2 said:

Wii party is new IP, considering an old IP bacuase it shares "wii" in the name is senseless, it's a completetly different game from other wii fit or wii sports; so also Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros are the same IP, and Super Mario Bros is also the same IP as Super Smash Bros, because there is the "bros" name and Mario is a playable character? Not to mention what has already been said about the Tom Clancy games.

Yeah I've been planning on including it, one reason I haven't yet is because if Wii Party gets included then we'll get probably 4 Kinect games in the top 20. Some people mightn't like that too much. So yeah I just need to come up with something to say for Wii Party and then I'll add it

priteshmodi said:
Esquoret said:

Intellectual Property (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

That is correct. It also stands for Internet Protocol but that wouldn't make much sense in this context :)

May I suggest that the titles or box arts for the games link to the software sales pages for the titles? I want to track if/how well Darksiders is on pace of passing Heavy Rain! (I guy can hope)

Yeah I've been planning on doing this, haven't really had the time lately, might do it today though

No problem! You're doing a fantastic job. If you need any help I'd be more than happy to spend some time on this thread.

Shorty11857 said:
freebs2 said:

Yeah I've been planning on including it, one reason I haven't yet is because if Wii Party gets included then we'll get probably 4 Kinect games in the top 20. Some people mightn't like that too much. So yeah I just need to come up with something to say for Wii Party and then I'll add it

Aha, I understand but I see no problem adding also Kinect games, interesting thread anyway.