By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Move is an epic success and a keeper .... proof inside

Great reviews although most of them subjective, lets see if they translate into sales!

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Imagine Flower with Move. That would make me buy one.

Yeah that would be sweet,  but also just imagine their next game with Move whatever it ends up being. 

CGI-Quality said:
Aussious said:

Great reviews although most of them subjective, lets see if they translate into sales!

All reviews for all games are subjective.

Well said

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

psst:

flower

is getting a patch for move..wink

Other games such as Pain, Flower, Hustle Kings, High Velocity Bowling, and Eye Pets will be made compatible via downloadable updates.

http://move.gamespot.com/updates/index.php?id=6229085

also most likely FLOW  will be ALSO

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

gameinformer 8/10 http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/09/01/move-hardware-review-motion-controls-evolved.aspx

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

from average to good to the best thing that ever happened, the reveiws are in and theres not a bad one in sight.

right i'm off to zzz now, if I miss any reviews let me know hehe

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:

CNET just reviewed it and lets just say they have been pretty ignorant over the improvements made by move http://reviews.cnet.com/game-controllers/sony-playstation-move-starter/4505-3146_7-34167419.html?part=cnet&subj=Sony PlayStation Move Starter Bundle Kit#reviewPage1

I would not recommend this review as I think it's biased, they did not even test it's precision over wiimote all they did is try and pick faults with it, like they wanted it to fail.... oh well we can't win them all

I didn't like this review either because it was a Move Vs. Wiimote comparison, which isn't really fair because when November comes along the Kinect will get automatic bonus points in it's review because it is camera only instead of controller, making no chance of us seeing it's review containing the same criteria.

Also a con in the review was a not so strong launch library of Move titles, but isn't this just a Sports Champions Bundle review? Why did the NavCon get lumped in as well?

Why is the PSEye needing a USB a con? Why do they complain about needing to adjust the PS3 position because of the PSEye cord?

". You'll need to make sure the PS3 is close enough to the TV to accommodate the Eye's USB cord, so some slight rearranging may be required. We didn't have much of an issue getting everything situated correctly, but we're anticipating that this may be an issue for those with wall-mounted TVs or with custom-built home theater furniture that's measured to fit perfectly."

Did they use the same PSEye I use? I ask this because the USB cord on the Eye is around 6 and a half feet long. How is someone going to have an issue connected it from a table or entertainment center to a mounted TV? I can't even see the issue popping up if your PS3 is on the floor.

Just check this video, it will make you understand how this review was stretching real bad just to find a con.

The review isn't real bad all the way through, but some of the things he bitched about made no sense.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
jneul said:

CNET just reviewed it and lets just say they have been pretty ignorant over the improvements made by move http://reviews.cnet.com/game-controllers/sony-playstation-move-starter/4505-3146_7-34167419.html?part=cnet&subj=Sony PlayStation Move Starter Bundle Kit#reviewPage1

I would not recommend this review as I think it's biased, they did not even test it's precision over wiimote all they did is try and pick faults with it, like they wanted it to fail.... oh well we can't win them all

I didn't like this review either because it was a Move Vs. Wiimote comparison, which isn't really fair because when November comes along the Kinect will get automatic bonus points in it's review because it is camera only instead of controller, making no chance of us seeing it's review containing the same criteria.

Also a con in the review was a not so strong launch library of Move titles, but isn't this just a Sports Champions Bundle review? Why did the NavCon get lumped in as well?

Why is the PSEye needing a USB a con? Why do they complain about needing to adjust the PS3 position because of the PSEye cord?

". You'll need to make sure the PS3 is close enough to the TV to accommodate the Eye's USB cord, so some slight rearranging may be required. We didn't have much of an issue getting everything situated correctly, but we're anticipating that this may be an issue for those with wall-mounted TVs or with custom-built home theater furniture that's measured to fit perfectly."

Did they use the same PSEye I use? I ask this because the USB cord on the Eye is around 6 and a half feet long. How is someone going to have an issue connected it from a table or entertainment center to a mounted TV? I can't even see the issue popping up if your PS3 is on the floor.

Just check this video, it will make you understand how this review was stretching real bad just to find a con.

The review isn't real bad all the way through, but some of the things he bitched about made no sense.

Ball: The most obvious thing about the Move controller is the big, white, rubber ball that rests at the very top of the controller. The empty, light-up ball isn't there to just make it easier for the Playstation 3's camera to track your movement. We've also found that developers use the ball's ability to change colors on the fly to augment gameplay. The ball flashes colors in some games, denoting your movements, or reaction to things happening in the game. This extra bit of sensory feedback has, we think, some pretty exciting potential and shows that Sony is looking beyond just matching what's already in the motion gaming market.

Finally, Augmented Reality: We haven't really seen a lot of this yet, but the Playstation Move nails augmented reality and does it in a way that you're going to enjoy. Games like Start the Party, EyePet and even Sports Champions all experiment with the idea of turning that Move controller into a piece of cartoon fiction when it shows up in live video on your television. The first time you see it, a live video of yourself holding a cartoon weapon or silly toy, it's really neat. Imagine what developers may do with this in a year or two.

Niether did some pro's in reviews

http://kotaku.com/5626492/playstation-move-review-the-motion-controller-wars-start-now

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:

Ball: The most obvious thing about the Move controller is the big, white, rubber ball that rests at the very top of the controller. The empty, light-up ball isn't there to just make it easier for the Playstation 3's camera to track your movement. We've also found that developers use the ball's ability to change colors on the fly to augment gameplay. The ball flashes colors in some games, denoting your movements, or reaction to things happening in the game. This extra bit of sensory feedback has, we think, some pretty exciting potential and shows that Sony is looking beyond just matching what's already in the motion gaming market.

Finally, Augmented Reality: We haven't really seen a lot of this yet, but the Playstation Move nails augmented reality and does it in a way that you're going to enjoy. Games like Start the Party, EyePet and even Sports Champions all experiment with the idea of turning that Move controller into a piece of cartoon fiction when it shows up in live video on your television. The first time you see it, a live video of yourself holding a cartoon weapon or silly toy, it's really neat. Imagine what developers may do with this in a year or two.

Niether did some pro's in reviews

http://kotaku.com/5626492/playstation-move-review-the-motion-controller-wars-start-now

You lost me. What's the point here?

Is this about my mention of the USB cord length?

6 1/2 feet isn't really a con or a pro. I am just stating that due to it's length his con was bogus, especially since it was based on a "if this" or "If that" mentality. The cord length didn't effect the reviewer in any way what so ever.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!