By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Move is an epic success and a keeper .... proof inside

Euphoria14 said:
A Bad Clown said:

Ball: The most obvious thing about the Move controller is the big, white, rubber ball that rests at the very top of the controller. The empty, light-up ball isn't there to just make it easier for the Playstation 3's camera to track your movement. We've also found that developers use the ball's ability to change colors on the fly to augment gameplay. The ball flashes colors in some games, denoting your movements, or reaction to things happening in the game. This extra bit of sensory feedback has, we think, some pretty exciting potential and shows that Sony is looking beyond just matching what's already in the motion gaming market.

Finally, Augmented Reality: We haven't really seen a lot of this yet, but the Playstation Move nails augmented reality and does it in a way that you're going to enjoy. Games like Start the Party, EyePet and even Sports Champions all experiment with the idea of turning that Move controller into a piece of cartoon fiction when it shows up in live video on your television. The first time you see it, a live video of yourself holding a cartoon weapon or silly toy, it's really neat. Imagine what developers may do with this in a year or two.

Niether did some pro's in reviews

http://kotaku.com/5626492/playstation-move-review-the-motion-controller-wars-start-now

You lost me. What's the point here?

Is this about my mention of the USB cord length?

6 1/2 feet isn't really a con or a pro. I am just stating that due to it's length his con was bogus, especially since it was based on a "if this" or "If that" mentality. The cord length didn't effect the reviewer in any way what so ever.

As in the concept of "Complaining and praising about stupid things"

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Guys, I was thinking that since the launch software is a bit disappointing I would probably cancel my preorder, but then it hit me... if we're not supportive of this new technology, developers won't be encouraged to provide us with the great experiences we can get out of this... so we just need to be a bit patient until those games hit the market and our investment would have paid off.

And I don't know why do we have Nintendo fanboys here, guys go to your boards and hype your games... we don't need any bad spirit around here...

djstrykermx said:

Guys, I was thinking that since the launch software is a bit disappointing I would probably cancel my preorder, but then it hit me... if we're not supportive of this new technology, developers won't be encouraged to provide us with the great experiences we can get out of this... so we just need to be a bit patient until those games hit the market and our investment would have paid off.

And I don't know why do we have Nintendo fanboys here, guys go to your boards and hype your games... we don't need any bad spirit around here...

how so? aside from the move only games there are a few games that are getting patches for it, bot sure if they would really count a launch software though.

but zeu move iz to precise cazual wee be scared!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Euphoria14 said:
A Bad Clown said:

Ball: The most obvious thing about the Move controller is the big, white, rubber ball that rests at the very top of the controller. The empty, light-up ball isn't there to just make it easier for the Playstation 3's camera to track your movement. We've also found that developers use the ball's ability to change colors on the fly to augment gameplay. The ball flashes colors in some games, denoting your movements, or reaction to things happening in the game. This extra bit of sensory feedback has, we think, some pretty exciting potential and shows that Sony is looking beyond just matching what's already in the motion gaming market.

Finally, Augmented Reality: We haven't really seen a lot of this yet, but the Playstation Move nails augmented reality and does it in a way that you're going to enjoy. Games like Start the Party, EyePet and even Sports Champions all experiment with the idea of turning that Move controller into a piece of cartoon fiction when it shows up in live video on your television. The first time you see it, a live video of yourself holding a cartoon weapon or silly toy, it's really neat. Imagine what developers may do with this in a year or two.

http://kotaku.com/5626492/playstation-move-review-the-motion-controller-wars-start-now

You lost me. What's the point here?

Is this about my mention of the USB cord length?

6 1/2 feet isn't really a con or a pro. I am just stating that due to it's length his con was bogus, especially since it was based on a "if this" or "If that" mentality. The cord length didn't effect the reviewer in any way what so ever.

He was finding excuses for giving it a low score, but he did not make any sense at all I agree that this is a totally biased review,take in the fact that most review are hitting in the 8 - 9 / 10 range you know that they basically are just trying to make the move look bad.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
djstrykermx said:

No sports champions is worth it, you will have to wait for more games like RUSE, but patches for Heavy Rain and Eypet will keep me happy. I have played on it and know it's a gem

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

A Bad Clown said:
Euphoria14 said:
jneul said:

CNET just reviewed it and lets just say they have been pretty ignorant over the improvements made by move http://reviews.cnet.com/game-controllers/sony-playstation-move-starter/4505-3146_7-34167419.html?part=cnet&subj=Sony PlayStation Move Starter Bundle Kit#reviewPage1

I would not recommend this review as I think it's biased, they did not even test it's precision over wiimote all they did is try and pick faults with it, like they wanted it to fail.... oh well we can't win them all

I didn't like this review either because it was a Move Vs. Wiimote comparison, which isn't really fair because when November comes along the Kinect will get automatic bonus points in it's review because it is camera only instead of controller, making no chance of us seeing it's review containing the same criteria.

Also a con in the review was a not so strong launch library of Move titles, but isn't this just a Sports Champions Bundle review? Why did the NavCon get lumped in as well?

Why is the PSEye needing a USB a con? Why do they complain about needing to adjust the PS3 position because of the PSEye cord?

". You'll need to make sure the PS3 is close enough to the TV to accommodate the Eye's USB cord, so some slight rearranging may be required. We didn't have much of an issue getting everything situated correctly, but we're anticipating that this may be an issue for those with wall-mounted TVs or with custom-built home theater furniture that's measured to fit perfectly."

Did they use the same PSEye I use? I ask this because the USB cord on the Eye is around 6 and a half feet long. How is someone going to have an issue connected it from a table or entertainment center to a mounted TV? I can't even see the issue popping up if your PS3 is on the floor.

Just check this video, it will make you understand how this review was stretching real bad just to find a con.

The review isn't real bad all the way through, but some of the things he bitched about made no sense.

actually they do make sense you need to open your mind,

anyway about that CNET review, i noticed they discussed about the difference between move an wii on the second page but it did not get mot much praise from them at all, so it's like they was ignoring the positive points and making up negative ones...

i HAVE NO ISSUES STANDIND MY EYE ON TOP OF MY TV AT ALL AND IT'S 32" TALL AND IS NOT A CON, CALIBRATION TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND IF YOU DON;T CHANGE PLAYERS OR THE ENVIROMNENT (LIGHTING), NO RECALIBRATION REQUIRED, SEEMS UNFAIR TO RATE IT DOWN ON  IT'S LIBRARY AS WELL, BUT SPORTS CHAMPIONS IS A REALLY GOOD GAME.

PS VITA = LIFE

HD BIAS!!1!!one!

but seriously move seems like it's actually pretty good. 

Welcome back BTW.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

jneul said:
djstrykermx said:

No sports champions is worth it, you will have to wait for more games like RUSE, but patches for Heavy Rain and Eypet will keep me happy. I have played on it and know it's a gem

Well I was saying disappointing because I was expecting reviews in the 8 range tbh, but I'm relieved to know that the hardware is awesome and it's just a matter of time before the games that really make the Move shine are released.

People we need to support this to encourage developers to make the games we want!

BTW: good to have you back jneul, I really enjoyed your posts :)

djstrykermx said:

The bolded part are famous last words used by Wii owners.

eg when they bought RE4 (which was like a 2 year old 4 version port), it still didn't convince Capcom to make a real RE game on Wii.

There were a few other test games that developers claimed haha.