By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New CNET Prizefight 360S vs PS3 Slim (Closest in CNET Hitsory!)

slowmo said:
ConnorJCP said:
slowmo said:
Branko2166 said:

Not a bad video. Only one score I disagree strongly with and that's in the graphics department.

Was kinda lolz worthy that 2 guys scored the graphics on the ps3 and 360 equally. But I suppose it's opinion based ultimately.

Mulitplats generally are as good or better on 360, a handful of PS3 exclusives look better than anything on the 360.  When you weigh up the difference be thankful they gave the PS3 the same score as the vast majority of titles look as good or better on the 360.

i hate it when people say it balances out because some multi-plats, occasionally, look better on the 360,
thats like saying a country that won gold,silver,bronze in a Olympic game is overall about as good as a country that gets 3rd 4th and 5th.
its about the winners, not the failures.

You might have a point if your analogy was even remotely close to what I said.  It is more like saying a country that won just 3 gold medals is better than one that won 15 silvers and 30 bronzes. In that example which is far more accurate your "hate" seems rather biased to suit an agenda you have imo.

For the record I didn't say the guys opinion was wrong, I stated depending on how you weighted each example he could have scored heavily against the PS3 so should be grateful he didn't. 

If it's about the winners then the 360 has FAR more than the PS3 in graphical comparison stakes.

The country with 3 gold medals still has the 3 best, thus it has the best (insert any sportsman).

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Around the Network
leo-j said:

very 360 biased... and mis informed

Thought the same.

ConnorJCP said:
slowmo said:
ConnorJCP said:
slowmo said:
Branko2166 said:

Not a bad video. Only one score I disagree strongly with and that's in the graphics department.

Was kinda lolz worthy that 2 guys scored the graphics on the ps3 and 360 equally. But I suppose it's opinion based ultimately.

Mulitplats generally are as good or better on 360, a handful of PS3 exclusives look better than anything on the 360.  When you weigh up the difference be thankful they gave the PS3 the same score as the vast majority of titles look as good or better on the 360.

i hate it when people say it balances out because some multi-plats, occasionally, look better on the 360,
thats like saying a country that won gold,silver,bronze in a Olympic game is overall about as good as a country that gets 3rd 4th and 5th.

You might have a point if your analogy was even remotely close to what I said.  It is more like saying a country that won just 3 gold medals is better than one that won 15 silvers and 30 bronzes. In that example which is far more accurate your "hate" seems rather biased to suit an agenda you have imo.

For the record I didn't say the guys opinion was wrong, I stated depending on how you weighted each example he could have scored heavily against the PS3 so should be grateful he didn't. 

If it's about the winners then the 360 has FAR more than the PS3 in graphical comparison stakes.

The country with 3 gold medals still has the 3 best, thus it has the best (insert any sportsman).

Shame the 3 best were in hockey, equestrian and archery but hey your opinion don't hurt me.

Vetteman94 said:
raptors11 said:
Trentonater said:
Vetteman94 said:
Trentonater said:

it still breaks when you move it while a disk is in motion and its curved design would cause gpu damage if knocked over

Why would you move it while a game was inside playing?   And why would a console be in danger of being knocked over,  it is reccommended you lie them on their side anyway.  Problem solved

talking about toddlers running around stepping on it happened to me

lmao yeah I can vouch for this sort of thing. My fuckin dog stepped on my 360 a while ago, it didn't break it but it scratched the fuck out of my GTA4 disk.

Again I dont see how both of your irresponsibilities should count against the design of the systems.  If your console is in that kind of "danger", so to speak,  than move it to a place where it cant happen.  Problem solved again.

I'm not blaming the console at all dude! Its my fault completely, but it still sucks when that sort of thing happens.

Vetteman94 said:
raptors11 said:
Trentonater said:
Vetteman94 said:
Trentonater said:

it still breaks when you move it while a disk is in motion and its curved design would cause gpu damage if knocked over

Why would you move it while a game was inside playing?   And why would a console be in danger of being knocked over,  it is reccommended you lie them on their side anyway.  Problem solved

lmao yeah I can vouch for this sort of thing. My fuckin dog stepped on my 360 a while ago, it didn't break it but it scratched the fuck out of my GTA4 disk.

Again I dont see how both of your irresponsibilities should count against the design of the systems.  If your console is in that kind of "danger", so to speak,  than move it to a place where it cant happen.  Problem solved again.

my point is that that wont happen on the ps3

Around the Network
slowmo said:
ConnorJCP said:
slowmo said:
ConnorJCP said:
slowmo said:
Branko2166 said:

Shame the 3 best were in hockey, equestrian and archery but hey your opinion don't hurt me.

well in this case it has the gold in graphics.
And no problem i was just correcting your mistakes.
and that makes it that much better knowing i didnt hurt your feelings.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Trentonater said:
Vetteman94 said:
raptors11 said:
Trentonater said:
Vetteman94 said:
Trentonater said:

What won't happen?  A dog won't step on a PS3 or if a running PS3 that's vertical won't scratch a disc if it falls over?  I'm not willing to test it out ('cause I treat my consoles like royalty).  Why anybody sits a console in harms way is beyond me.  These things aren't toys.  They're pretty high tech pieces of equipment.  Nobody puts their DVD/Blu Ray Player/Computer in the middle of the floor.  Why is that?

The blu ray player is the biggest advantage other than first party games the PS3 has over the 360 and for me they are huge advantages. Congrats PS3 but next time win by a lot more.

d21lewis said:
Trentonater said:
Vetteman94 said:
raptors11 said:
Trentonater said:
Vetteman94 said:
Trentonater said:

What won't happen?  A dog won't step on a PS3 or if a running PS3 that's vertical won't scratch a disc if it falls over?  I'm not willing to test it out ('cause I treat my consoles like royalty).  Why anybody sits a console in harms way is beyond me.  These things aren't toys.  They're pretty high tech pieces of equipment.  Nobody puts their DVD/Blu Ray Player/Computer in the middle of the floor.  Why is that?

The multi layer ps3 discs makes them highly resistant to scratches. Whereas the DVD format of the 360 still has significant potential for disc failure. 

cmeese47 said:

The blu ray player is the biggest advantage other than first party games the PS3 has over the 360 and for me they are huge advantages. Congrats PS3 but next time win by a lot more.

Well it would have if they had taken into account all of the features that the PS3 is capable of.   They left out alot of stuff just so they could keep the score close