By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Informer (America) review of Metroid Other M

Guys....the pacing/story problem wouldn't shock me, Nintendo isn't exactly a master of storytelling.  For the controls, the transition might well be jarring, that must be difficult to do flawlessly.  The graphics, while not exactly a PS360 game, is at least a step forward for the Wii. Actually it looks like a great leap to me.  I'm sure any Metroid fan could deal with its problems. It's not getting tens from anywhere from the looks of it, so it might be a bit under par for a Ninty game but that's what happens when you try new things. See Heavy Rain.

Around the Network

I gonna play this game tomorrow i and i think will love it alot im one of those guys who just loved the first minutes in prime just cuz i could fell samus closer with people talking with her and she messing around in the ship, this game is just different and this does not mean it is BAD , as Kotaku sad its a game from the future in terms of gameplay and i think that many profissional reviwers are just late in terns of what to expect from a game.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Geez, I'm kinda shocked at some of the comments here more than anything.

People actually like Game Informer?!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Xxain said:

This thread seems kinda banwagonish.

1. The stupid plot element that prevents Samus from using her full potential

2. A spoiled, Whiny and brainless Samus thats gets scared of enemies that she beat 4 times already

3. shoddy aiming and controls

4. not so great writing

these issues have been addressed in every review REGARDLESS of score. What does it matter that one site gave it a 6 and th other a 8? the issues arestill there its just some ppl have decided to look past it and others didnt... too much emphasis is being put on the number and not the actually review

i hate to admit it, but this guy is right.

darthdevidem01 said:
Mr Khan said:

To be fair, just because they're the original creator doesn't mean that their vision is automatically best. We all know where George Lucas took Star Wars, after all (though i enjoyed the prequels, the drop in quality was apparent).

Episode 1 and 3 are among the best, dunno what you're talking about.

Neither of those movies exist. The entire prequel trilogy is complete crap, with no redeeming factors at all. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Geez, I'm kinda shocked at some of the comments here more than anything.

People actually like Game Informer?!

Why not i bet that there is some guys who like IGN hahahaha

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Go subscribe to EGM, problem solved.

darthdevidem01 said:

I thought gameinformer was the mag that always gave good scores to hyped games? 

lawl.

People are finding it hard to grasp Samus is actually a HUMAN with EMOTIONS.

Nothing does a worse job with character emotions than heavy-handed anime-style writing.  This is something I knew for a while would be the worst issue with Other M.  The series sells better in the US, and it I think by now we know, that it should be developed in the US with Western audiences in mind.  Retro knew what they were doing. 

Anime writing, let's face it, is generally pretty amateurish--especially where emotion tends to be concerned.  Of the anime/Manga that I've seen (not tons, but quite a bit), strong characters, solid writing, and believable depth and emotion are not the norm.  Characters are over-the-top "cool," melodrama replaces actual drama, and overacting replaces believable acting. 

Here comes the flaming, complete with screaming face in front of a flashy moving background...