By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - this week xbox 360 sales beats playstation3 again

libellule said:
then If u agree why have u created this thread ?

i never thought of it that way,

and look up aint that fun?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kcua_626 said:

@BengaBenga

Agreed on the latter :) I don't get the first.

Is it Sony's first holiday and Sony should be doing better (I think I meant this)? or the other way around?

You said because it's Sony's first holiday they have the upper hand. I say it's the other way around. They are selling nearly the same ww as 360, while the PS3 should have sold a lot more, since the thing is new and it should be the new and trendy gadget to have this holiday, while 360 had that first real holiday last year.

If Sony cannot outsell the 360 with the much needed big numbers now, how are they ever going to catch up during the low season?

^^

yep, I meant that :) We're agreed then.

BengaBenga said:

If Sony cannot outsell the 360 with the much needed big numbers now, how are they ever going to catch up during the low season?

Quick answer: they won't.

What percentage of yearly sales happen in Nov-Dec? 30%? 40%? Sony failing to bury to the 360 this holiday season ensures at least one more year of struggling. The PS3 (or 360, for that matter) won't start suddenly pumping out 600k a week longterm in April just because of one game (or a price cut).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Everyone who is saying the ps3 software sales are horrendous should take a long hard look at the european charts

How can you think if you don't know enough words?

How do you know what I think until you hear what I say.

Both by Vygotsky

PSN addy- solojohlo

Around the Network
endurance said:
leo-j said:
You guys dont understand(I dont expect you too either.)Japan rejects evert X360 game. They reject american hardware.

PS3 sales will increase in japan as new years nears. They will explode in OTHERS. Now the 360 and ps3 sales will both increase in the U.S, what of then?

PS3 should > X360 this holiday season.

Right now they are = X360 did not outsell the ps3 nor did the ps3 X360 even if what you see on the home page is what your referring to. Why? American sales are weary.

first we must see how much LO will help 360,if it flops then ps3 might win it

What number amount of game sales would you or anyone else consider Lost Odeyssy a Flop in Japan/EU/NA???

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

well LO in japan imo should sell + 110k

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Considering the state of things, GTA4 is most likely to boost the 360 in the states and the ps3 in europe, resulting in an eventual tie as for which platform benefitted the most.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).