By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - this week xbox 360 sales beats playstation3 again

^^

but on a sidenote, I think GTA4 shouldn't be everything for both next year although there's no denying it is one of the biggest, they should have great lineups of games next year. Call me stupid but I honestly think MS is holding back somethings considering they have the leverage this year, that's contrary to what others think that MS will have a lackluster lineup for next year.

Around the Network

hehehe gta will make difference only bigger xbox 360 will rocket

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

prediction: 2008 xbox and ps3 continue to sell poorly. neither systems dies or wins, but the new releases between xbox and ps3 become nearly identical (as in moreso than even now).

kcua_626 said:
@DMeisterJ

nope, less on MS camp lately, actually it makes me wonder if MS supporters are actually decreasing in numbers or are just tired of arguing.

As for me, I admit that I'm an MS supporter since I'm happier with my Xbox 360 right now.

Arguing with a Sony supporter is like banging you head against the wall, the only thing you are going to receive for your trouble is headache. I advise you to stock up on Advil if you are going to try logical arguments with the average Sony supporter.

I would like to apply the Sony boosters metric of success. Basically if the PS3 beats the 360 by mere thousands on any given week it is by default handing Microsoft their ass. We have heard this many times over the months, and to those who apply that logic in their arguments let that distaste swirl about in your mouths for a while.

The margins are too fine we are looking at one side or the other just edging out their competitor. During the holiday season it seems both consoles are in a dead heat. That said I have never bought into the verbose wording many posters apply to such minor details. These consoles are standing on even footing.

That said it is not a good sign for the PS3. Sony has a lot to overcome, and the longer it takes them to get there the less likely it is to ever happen. They need to overcome the larger install base of Microsoft, and they need to seriously outsell the 360 globally for a couple months before anyone can say they have turned a corner. The price is still the Achilles heal of this particular console.

During the holiday seasons normally items with exorbitant prices do see a increase in sales. The market supports more expenditures. Meanwhile during the rest of the year the market is less tolerant of high prices. So this should be the brass ring time for the PS3. The sales loss ratio through the rest of the year should be heavier on the more expensive hardware, and have no doubt the PS3 is still rather expensive.

I am really interested in Lost Odyssey, and how it will affect sales when it is released. Should tell us if the 360 is making any headway in Japan.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
kcua_626 said:
@DMeisterJ

nope, less on MS camp lately, actually it makes me wonder if MS supporters are actually decreasing in numbers or are just tired of arguing.

As for me, I admit that I'm an MS supporter since I'm happier with my Xbox 360 right now.

Arguing with a Sony supporter is like banging you head against the wall, the only thing you are going to receive for your trouble is headache. I advise you to stock up on Advil if you are going to try logical arguments with the average Sony supporter.

Perhaps you should have been present when I tried discussing the situation with a 360 owner today then. Quite possibly the most frustrating experience of my life; to sum it up, he was an asshole.

On topic; People claiming developers are looking at software sales negatively for the PS3 need to stop taking American sales as the final word on things. If you take a look at europe the general trend is the PS3 software is doing better than the 360 software, as is the reverse in America.  

Next year will be the first real year of the fight between the PS3 and 360 as they both now have established their ground, have good games and are at a near equal price point.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

kirby007 said:

the difference this week is about 10.000 units in advantage for the xbox 360, mainly because the playstation 3 sold less in japan than expected.

what will happen next week?

When you're talking about differences of 10% or less (in this case, only a few percent), I'd consider the week a wash.  It's not really a victory for either side.  It's not the kind of sales gap that we can

(1) Be sure of -- it's within error sampling

(2) Care about. Developers aren't going to switch development or plan development based on a few precent better sales. 

Utlimately, gamers want one console to sell over another so their console gets more support.  Assuming this is true, gamers aren't interested in small discrepancies, they're interested in very huge ones.  Our focus should be on software sales, really, and there Microsoft is mopping the floor with the competition.

@ TheBigFatJ

I believe I said something to that nature a few posts up, but everyone believes you're a fanboy if you don't agree with them. Sadly, you're arguing a moot point, you will now be labeled a fanboy

:(

TheBigFatJ said:
kirby007 said:

the difference this week is about 10.000 units in advantage for the xbox 360, mainly because the playstation 3 sold less in japan than expected.

what will happen next week?

When you're talking about differences of 10% or less (in this case, only a few percent), I'd consider the week a wash.  It's not really a victory for either side.  It's not the kind of sales gap that we can

(1) Be sure of -- it's within error sampling

(2) Care about. Developers aren't going to switch development or plan development based on a few precent better sales. 

Utlimately, gamers want one console to sell over another so their console gets more support.  Assuming this is true, gamers aren't interested in small discrepancies, they're interested in very huge ones.  Our focus should be on software sales, really, and there Microsoft is mopping the floor with the competition.

very well said, i agree ( how can i not^^)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

then If u agree why have u created this thread ?

Time to Work !