By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - this week xbox 360 sales beats playstation3 again

@DMeisterJ

And Sony supporters seem to make it feel like the end of the world for MS.

Around the Network

@xomaniac

Sure, it has the games library and price, but with the amount of hype the PS3 is receiving lately, they should be about equal.

Mind you, I actually think Sony has the upper hand since it's PS3's first holiday season.

And it did outsell Xbox 360 only during the July price drop according to VGChartz, not the most recent one.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39054&end=39418

They're insignificant differences if you ask me, but by your post you seem to put much importance to it 

@ kcua_626

I'm not following...

@DMeisterJ

I mean the differences are insignificant and Sony supporters feel they've won.

@ kcua_626

And I mean the differences are insignificant and MS supporters feel they've won (The week, obviously).

Around the Network

@kcua

Because it's PS3's first real holiday season they should have done way better. All multiplat games are way outperformed by 360 and developers don't give a sh*t about attach rates, they care about numbers sold.
I'm not saying PS3 is doing badly, but the have to improve a lot more before GTA4 hits, because that's where the PS3/360 battle will be decided IMO. As it looks now, 360 will benefit a lot more from the biggest game in 2008. GTA4 will be THE game where a lot of PS2 owners will make the step to current-gen.

BengaBenga said:
@kcua

Because it's PS3's first real holiday season they should have done way better. All multiplat games are way outperformed by 360 and developers don't give a sh*t about attach rates, they care about numbers sold.
I'm not saying PS3 is doing badly, but the have to improve a lot more before GTA4 hits, because that's where the PS3/360 battle will be decided IMO. As it looks now, 360 will benefit a lot more from the biggest game in 2008. GTA4 will be THE game where a lot of PS2 owners will make the step to current-gen.

yep GTA4 will be a big deciding factor between ps3 and 360

@DMeisterJ

nope, less on MS camp lately, actually it makes me wonder if MS supporters are actually decreasing in numbers or are just tired of arguing.

As for me, I admit that I'm an MS supporter since I'm happier with my Xbox 360 right now.

@BengaBenga

Agreed on the latter :) I don't get the first.

Is it Sony's first holiday and Sony should be doing better (I think I meant this)? or the other way around?

I agree too : GTA4 will be the turning point.

Time to Work !