By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could the Wii remain dominant another five years?

Could the Wii remain dominant another five years?

Yes, no new console needed 75 33.94%

No, the competition will ... 146 66.06%

Total:221

You shoudl have said in the next 2 years rather than 5, and the pool options are rather too stiff.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

I think the Wii can sell well for more 2 to 3 years , and keep being manufactured during the 4th year from now but 5 i dont think so.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

Its a moot point because the next Nintendo console is coming in the next 24 30 months.

Edit:

In 30 months? A console release in February?

Well Quarter 1 anyway. If they are probably going to be out of stock for the first 6 months of release whenever they release, why not release early in the year?

Tease.

I say no, Nintendo planned for a 5 year cycle, now that its the better selling console, it will prolong its life for an aditional year and release its succesor in 2012.

I also think that not Microsoft or Sony will keep their consoles for another 5 years, I can see them launching their new machines in 2012 and 2013. That's enough to claim that this hardware cycle was longer, even for the consoles that don't have the largest install base, with an average of 7 years instead of just 5.

Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

Its a moot point because the next Nintendo console is coming in the next 24 30 months.

Edit:

Well Quarter 1 anyway. If they are probably going to be out of stock for the first 6 months of release whenever they release, why not release early in the year?

Remember what happened to Sony with that attitude.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

Edit:

Nintendo are not Sony... also Sony probably aren't the Sony that released the PS3 anymore either. In any case it really depends on when they want to release their new hardware, and they often stagger launches so it is quite possible the EU launch would come 6 months after America.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

Edit:

Nintendo are not Sony... also Sony probably aren't the Sony that released the PS3 anymore either. In any case it really depends on when they want to release their new hardware, and they often stagger launches so it is quite possible the EU launch would come 6 months after America.

Well I hate staggered launches and I also prefer when they release consoles for Holidays because it makes it easier to compare YoY sales and such.

You don't think Nintendo will launch a console in Nov 2012 though?

Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:

Well I hate staggered launches and I also prefer when they release consoles for Holidays because it makes it easier to compare YoY sales and such.

Thats the reason why I said 30 months. I just realised after I posted that it was August and it could launch as late as December 2012 if it launched in that year. I hate staggered launches too. However it isn't useful if the console is supply limited for the first 6 months anyway like the Xbox 360 and Wii both were (Wii was restricted for longer) because it makes funny things like the Wii sales curve happen.

Tease.

Nah. Expect to see Super Wii by 2012 and an anouncement at E3 2011.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:

Thats the reason why I said 30 months. I just realised after I posted that it was August and it could launch as late as December 2012 if it launched in that year. I hate staggered launches too. However it isn't useful if the console is supply limited for the first 6 months anyway like the Xbox 360 and Wii both were (Wii was restricted for longer) because it makes funny things like the Wii sales curve happen.

I see.

What about PS4 and Xbox 3, when will they launch?