By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter IV Unveiled

naznatips said:

Actually the recent Mega Man ZX games on DS are quite good.  

If you ignore the fact they soiled the second one with english voice acting from their lowest tier in-house studio.

I mean they're great games, but this brings back too many memories for the Megaman X series on the Playstation and Playstation 2. They can never just decide whether they want to dub them or sub them, and they never use the same voice actors so its always a different variety of bottom of the barrel bad voice actors each time. The franchise is a trainwreck of quality control past the fourth generation, with original music removed or replaced with bad techno in a number of titles, constant mistranslations and mistakes in the dialogue.

Megaman Zero 1-4 was perfect, Megaman ZX was perfect, now they've relapsed back to their old habbits.

The Megaman franchise does not make enough money in the west to warrant them putting too much revenue into regionalizing it so the games always ends up suffering. If they just released them all in the original japanese subtitled they'd save them self the cash and us the pain of having to deal with thier piss poor gestures of regionalizing them.

Around the Network

Thanks for the news Libellule.

" But, assuming that SFIV will have online play, we can obviously think of Xbox 360 and PS3 (duh). "

I'm the only that know that DB Budokai 3 for Wii has online multiplayer ?

Isn't the rumor about the Ultra reminescent of Ultra Combo of Killer Instinct memory ?

EDIT : I'm the only that isn't so impressed about graphic ? Well I need to see gameplay in motion to judge. 1UP should have a video about SF4 in January. A long and painful wait  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Yeah I read this info earlier this morning. The Shen Long bit disturbs me. Shen Long is not a character in the Street Fighter universe. He is a joke haracter from EGM based on Capcom USA's mistranslation of dragon punch in Ryu's victory quote. Shen Long is basically Shoryu ken in Chinese. Gouken is Ken and Ryu's sensei.

Gouken is lame. Akuma owned his ass badly.

grandmaster192 said:

Depends on which SF storyline you go by Grandmaster192. In the original story Gouken defeated Akuma but couldn't finish him because it was his brother, when he hestiated Akuma finished him with the "Instant Hell Murder" and his body fell into water below and was never found. Ryu and Ken saw this as they just returned from Ryu's victory over Sagat at the World Warrior tournment and they challegened Akuma. He refused to fight them because they were novices and left.

Now I believe they have ret-conned story. I can't keep up with all the SF ret-cons Capcom churned out. Anyway, I believe the current story has Gouki/Akuma beating Gouken to a bloody pulp and Ryu finding the body. I also don't like how Capcom changed around the first Sagat/Ryu fight. Originally it was a close fight and Ryu narrowly won with a blue flamed dragon punch. Now they ret conned it to tie-in the Evil Ryu storyline. In the current story, Sagat beat Ryu to a pulp. Sagat turns away and thinks he has won but Ryu falls victim briefly to the "Messatsu Go Hadou" dragon punches Sagat defeating him.

Getting back to Gouken. Gouken was always the stronger fighter. He excelled at Ansatsuken much faster than Gouki. Their rivalry was similar to Ken and Ryu's. Gouki began to resent Goutetsu. He though Goutetsu should teach them the ultimate killing art. This lead to friction between he and Gouken. Gouki found the technique on his own and killed Goutetsu. Then he tracked down his brother and well the rest of his story happened in game.

BTW Yes I know. I know way too much about the Street Fighter storyline. It was my favorite game series for the longest time, so you will have to excuse me

Around the Network

They got rid of the parry system from SF3? :( I hope they keep the SF3 supers.

Darc Requiem said:
grandmaster192 said:

Depends on which SF storyline you go by Grandmaster192. In the original story Gouken defeated Akuma but couldn't finish him because it was his brother, when he hestiated Akuma finished him with the "Instant Hell Murder" and his body fell into water below and was never found. Ryu and Ken saw this as they just returned from Ryu's victory over Sagat at the World Warrior tournment and they challegened Akuma. He refused to fight them because they were novices and left.

Now I believe they have ret-conned story. I can't keep up with all the SF ret-cons Capcom churned out. Anyway, I believe the current story has Gouki/Akuma beating Gouken to a bloody pulp and Ryu finding the body. I also don't like how Capcom changed around the first Sagat/Ryu fight. Originally it was a close fight and Ryu narrowly won with a blue flamed dragon punch. Now they ret conned it to tie-in the Evil Ryu storyline. In the current story, Sagat beat Ryu to a pulp. Sagat turns away and thinks he has won but Ryu falls victim briefly to the "Messatsu Go Hadou" dragon punches Sagat defeating him.

Getting back to Gouken. Gouken was always the stronger fighter. He excelled at Ansatsuken much faster than Gouki. Their rivalry was similar to Ken and Ryu's. Gouki began to resent Goutetsu. He should teach them the ultimate killing art. This lead to friction between he and Gouken. Gouki found the technique on his own and killed Goutetsu. Then he tracked down his brother and well the rest of his story happened in game.

BTW Yes I know. I know way too much about the Street Fighter storyline. It was my favorite game series for the longest time, so you will have to excuse me

The evil Ryu storyline was made of FAIL.  I liked the old ending of the Ryu/Sagat fight.  It fit Ryu's character more.

Street fighter arcade game on psp> this one

mM

i want some gameplay

Hmmm looks decent very decent. Although I have seen a screenshot of Ken mid motion and it looked weak.
Still early days. Beeing a street Fighter vet I'm itching to kik sum fools ont his, hopefully Super Turbo will tide me over till this arrives

Ynwa.