By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter IV Unveiled

from 1up,

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164756  

Street Fighter IV Unveiled

Exclusive first ever screenshot and details for Capcom's franchise revival.
By Matt Leone, 12/06/2007
Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about seventeen thousand rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.

We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

SCREENSHOT: Click on the image above to see the high-res. version.

For the full reveal of the game -- including hands-on impressions, a rundown of the new gameplay system, and loads of details on new features -- look for the January 2008 issue of EGM in stores soon and hitting subscribers any day now. And then after you check the issue out, keep your eye on 1UP's Street Fighter IV hub page for ongoing coverage continuing into January.

Anyway, are you still reading this? Didn't you see the screenshot above? Click it and look at the larger version! All your friends are doing it...

from kotaku :

http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/street-fighter-iv-first-screenshot-330625.php

2D or 3D? That's been The Street Fighter IV question that's been kicked around the internet. First details about the DIMPS developed fighter reveal that the graphics are polygonal, but the gameplay is apparently 2D. Game site 1Up (via EGM) reports that there will be new moves, locals and game play. Things that will be the same? The six button control scheme. Returning characters include Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Dhalsim. No word on who will round out the rest of the fighters, but we honestly hope that Capcom doesn't take a page out of Super Smash Bros. Brawl PR handbook and let info trickle out until release. (Though, we're actually cool with infinite Street Fighter IV spin-offs.)

What's more, we don't know which platforms the game will be on. Looking at Capcom's recent M.O., we're guessing Xbox 360/PC/PS3. And since it's a Street Fighter game, it should pop up in Japanese arcades. So, let's cut the gibble-gabble. What do you think of the first released screenshot?

==> so what do you think about it ?

anyone think a Wii version is still possible considering the sc ?

(I m truly asking the question since I m not able to answer myself)

or do you think a Wii version will be release with adapted gfx ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

The return of the King......

Can you imagine that in motion?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Capcom better bring back guile.

maybe a different version for the wii, wii can't handle this:(
anyway OMFG yeah good news

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Amazing!

Yo, Ckmlb, I'm going to kick your ass when this game comes out!

Around the Network

i love the way it looks. no wii version :(

I was trying to figure what the mystery cover of January EGM was but I didn't think of SF IV...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

WOW perepare for streetfighter to consume countless hours of your life!....Again!!

BTW

EGM is the best video game mag out there by far. Nothing even comes close to Crispin, Shoe and Shane as the best in the Video game BIZ.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Well it is nearly imposible to judge anything from a single screen shot. If it is infact a 2d fighter, and has the same controls as street fighter II then I will be very happy in the gameplay department. Based on the Screen, lets just say my heart sank when I saw it. If the game looks like that and has the gameplay of SF2, with more fighters, and arenas, I would gladly pick it up for 39.99 off of PSN or XBLA. Unless they have something revelutionary planed I would not pay more than that, but more news could change my opinion.

On a side note, my freinds and I were talking about what they should do for the next street fighter game a few years back, and we came to the conclusion that the best thing Capcom could do is make it a 2D and 3D fighter. So you would have 3D models, 3D backgrounds, and a choice between Classic 2D and completely revamped Current 3D controls. IOO that would really put SF back at number one, if you could make 3D controls that rivaled SF's 2D controls it would be Fighter Heaven.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Since we don't have alot to talk about, what do you think about the new moves? Is there anything you guys are hoping for?