By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft dev: "Wii is a refurbished Gamecube"

and to think i acturally sucked up to Ubisoft lol

Around the Network
Galaki said:

Super Mario Sunshine

Yuck. Get that fugly Super Mario Sunshine off my face. It's not the best-looking game on the GameCube, not by a long shot. Metroid Prime 2, Twilight Princess & Resident Evil 4 are far prettier than that.

it is a fact that the Wii is quite more robust in it's hardware over the game cube..

and no it's not

(2) game cubes duct taped together..that is lame

the real point is even though the Wii is quite more powerful than the Game cube the developer's are not taking advantage of that extra power. Hell even Nintendo it seem's is in no hurry to push the system. which is ok, that the games are fun anyway. but on the same token at least give it a go and try to pust the envelope with the graphic's on the Wii. it would be kind of nice to see that once in a while.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Carl2291 said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Carl2291 said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Carl2291 said:

Yeah anyway.

Somebody post screens of the 2 consoles best looking games.

Should be enough to put this thread, and these claims... To rest. Again.

Wouldn't videos work better?

I'm still waiting for those Nintendo-quality games that Ubisoft promised.

If you want. The SMS/SMG2 shots worked perfectly though.

And define "Nintendo Quality".

You'll have to ask the Ubisoft rep that made the comment, not the one discussed in this thread, basically he said that Ubisoft will be bringing Nintendo quality games to the Wii.

Well if it's you who's still "waiting" for the games, then you surely must have your own personal benchmark of Nintendo quality. Yes?

I'd interject here and say that Ubisoft only have four Wii games rated 80 or higher on Metacritic.

Nintendo have 19.

I think we'll be waiting a long time for Ubisoft to equal that 19 (ignoring the fact that that number will only continue to grow), which to me would be a good benchmark for delivering on those promises. Hell, getting half as many would be giving it a fair go, but Nintendo are practically outdoing them 5:1 which isn't exactly a great level of success.

Others may disagree though...

VGChartz

Carl2291 said:

Can somebody post a screenshot of the Wii's most graphically superior game... And then post a shot of the Wii's most graphically superior game.

Please?

sorry i don't normally say it , but EPIC FAIL .... ..... TWICE!!!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

That's so racist....

joeorc said:

it is a fact that the Wii is quite more robust in it's hardware over the game cube..

and no it's not

(2) game cubes duct taped together..that is lame

the real point is even though the Wii is quite more powerful than the Game cube the developer's are not taking advantage of that extra power. Hell even Nintendo it seem's is in no hurry to push the system. which is ok, that the games are fun anyway. but on the same token at least give it a go and try to pust the envelope with the graphic's on the Wii. it would be kind of nice to see that once in a while.

The Wii is about as powerful as the first X-Box, the problem is that they didn't update the shader technology in the GPU so no matter what Nintendo or anyone for that matter does games won't look better than Gamecube games cause they can't make use of the lighting and normal maps that make 360/PS3 games look as good as they do.  Texture work and lighting will be same in the Wii as it was on the Gamecube best they can do is make bigger levels and use more higher res textures.

Haha so this is why Scott Pilgrim vs the World didn't hit Wii Ware despite that game being nothing but a 2D brawler

See he feels the Wii is just a Gamecube, which if we are to believe the fan warz of last gen Gamecube was the weakest console out of the three cause it had all the kiddy games, so yeah... it couldn't even do 2D graphics... yeah so Wii... can't even make 2D graphics... lol

Really though this is what I always tell people, look up the people making these comments, 90% of the time they might be a dev but it will be a dev for someone else, in this case the guy is an artist... not really in the know when you're discussing hardware.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

IMO the best looking GC game:

IMO the best looking Wii game:

is this statement anymore relevant now then it was 2-3 years ago. Or is it just as annoying.

Hide your kids, hide your wife