By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to be the highest rated game of all time?

axumblade said:
zgamer5 said:
Acevil said:
zgamer5 said:

half life 3 is going to take that honor.

Nah, I think PC mags are overcritical (this a good thing), for Half Life 3 to take that crown. 

Halo Reach might, but I doubt it as well, so many people dislike halo, and it will show in some reviews. 

i refuse to believe you! half life 3 is going to be perfect. but if it fails only one game can take its place

psychonauts 2! if tim shafer releases it we will have the best game ever made.

unless somehow gta5 releases 1st and rockstar bribes every single reviewer in order for it to get a 100 on metacritic.

You sir...are my new best friend! :D :D :D :D I'm glad there's another Psychonauts fan on these forums. :)

i thought i always was alone! finally someone who can really same how awsome psychonauts really was. everyone here thinks its overrated. they are heratics!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

No. It will need to have a 100/100 on Metacritic for it to beat OoT which will never happen lol

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

thanny said:
VXIII said:

I just checked Metacritic , the highest rated game is GTA4 which sets at 98 *cries*

There is no such thing as Zelda: OoT that people are talking about !!!

That is only because the current metacritic layout has not yet been updated with older platforms. OoT on metacritic sits at 99. Alternatively, if you look on gamerankings it is top there.

OT: The corollary of long development time and the long time since the game was announced is that expectations will be much larger then they would have otherwise been. So no, it probably wont be the best rated game ever.

will it ever get updated ? , it seems that they got rid of the older platforms along with the outdated ratings that biased on a few numbers of reviews , which is great .

I checked Gamerankings and you're right it's there at 97.48% biased on 25 reviews with Mario galaxy just behind it at 97.46% .. 77 reviews .

OT: GT5 does have a chance ( as long as Zelda stays out of the picture ) but it's not likely to happen . 93-96 seems right .

VXIII said:
thanny said:
VXIII said:

I just checked Metacritic , the highest rated game is GTA4 which sets at 98 *cries*

There is no such thing as Zelda: OoT that people are talking about !!!

That is only because the current metacritic layout has not yet been updated with older platforms. OoT on metacritic sits at 99. Alternatively, if you look on gamerankings it is top there.

OT: The corollary of long development time and the long time since the game was announced is that expectations will be much larger then they would have otherwise been. So no, it probably wont be the best rated game ever.

will it ever get updated ? , it seems that they got rid of the older platforms along with the outdated ratings that biased on a few numbers of reviews , which is great .

I checked Gamerankings and you're right it's there at 97.48% biased on 25 reviews with Mario galaxy just behind it at 97.46% .. 77 reviews .

OT: GT5 does have a chance ( as long as Zelda stays out of the picture ) but it's not likely to happen . 93-96 seems right .

uh... so it's not much easier to beat 97.46 than 97.48 or 97 than 98 on meta even if Zelda is out of the way.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Christian973 said:

No. It will need to have a 100/100 on Metacritic for it to beat OoT which will never happen lol

Not necessarily.

OoT had much less reviews on Meta than GT5 will get in it's first week alone. If GT5 gets even a 99, it will have many more reviews than OoT.

That, and Metacritic isn't the only site that compiles reviews. http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Around the Network

I LOVE ICELAND!

Carl2291 said:
Christian973 said:

Not necessarily.

OoT had much less reviews on Meta than GT5 will get in it's first week alone. If GT5 gets even a 99, it will have many more reviews than OoT.

That, and Metacritic isn't the only site that compiles reviews. http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Metacritic don't use number of reviews as a tiebreaker for games with the same score, as you can see when games with more reviews are ranked lower than games with fewer reviews when they both share the same score. It would appear as though they simply give us the scores as a whole number yet rank by decimals (i.e 94.7 > 94.2). Of course it isn't a simple mean average as some people often incorrectly assume, it's a weighted average, which makes it difficult to know exactly what each game is getting. 

From all that we can assume that GT5 would only surpass OoT if it garnered an average in the high 99.x range (assuming that OoT isn't already on something like 99.9, which we cannot say) or a score of 100, no matter if it's from five reviews or five hundred.

Because of that, I'd say it's unlikely if not impossible. A better target would be the highest rated racing game of all time.

VGChartz

yo_john117 said:

Seriously guys its gonna beat Forza 3's metacritic with ease and it will definitely get better then a 92....I predict 94-96.

How is a score two or four points higher beating it with ease? That's like bragging that you made two points higher than someone on a test.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:

Seriously guys its gonna beat Forza 3's metacritic with ease and it will definitely get better then a 92....I predict 94-96.

How is a score two or four points higher beating it with ease? That's like bragging that you made two points higher than someone on a test.

I didn't say its going to destroy Forza 3's metacritic, I said it will beat Forza 3's metacritic with ease....which it will.

yo_john117 said:
themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:

I didn't say its going to destroy Forza 3's metacritic, I said it will beat Forza 3's metacritic with ease....which it will.

Again, it's the same concept. Beating something by two to four points is NOT beating it with ease, unless we're playing soccer.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.