By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name an underrated game

darthdevidem01 said:

NIER

For all the whining JRPG fans do, when a JRPG came out that had towns, minigames, open worlds, multiple endings, a different story, no emo main character and so on it was ignored because it had "bad graphics" or maybe like me people just didn't know NIER had so many things.

It really reminded me of old skool JRPG's with a KH type battle system. And the music was so awesome.

Definitely my surprise of the generation.

R.I.P Cavia

THIS! NIER will be remembered as a diamond that got lost due to the mass of games in a short period.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII is easily the most underrated game this generation. The game is easily one of the best I've ever played. It cracked my top 5 within my first walkthrough. It is AAA in every sense of the word:

- Phenomenal Gameplay

- The best battle system in the series

- Amazing Characters/Story

- Amazing Leveling system

- Best graphics in a JRPG by faaaaaaar

Khuutra said:
huaxiong90 said:
MrT-Tar said:

Ogre Battle 64 never got the recognition (nor the sales) it truly deserves

Isn't it the same thing as the SNES version?

No. Not even close. OB64 is much, much, much better in almost every way.

Yeah, my bad, I mixed it up with the PS1 version of The March of the Black Queen.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Mirror's Edge.

Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link, better then the original in almost every way

Around the Network

Best RPG on the PlayStation by far IMO.

perpride said:

Final Fantasy XIII is easily the most underrated game this generation. The game is easily one of the best I've ever played. It cracked my top 5 within my first walkthrough. It is AAA in every sense of the word:

- Phenomenal Gameplay

I can't agree with this anymore

OT:" Lost Odyessy, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Dark Sector ,and Mirrors Edge.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

perpride said:

- Phenomenal Gameplay

This FTW!

@Viva La Vida

Yeah I agree

NIER deserved AT LEAST 80 plus on metacritic imo

If not more...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I feel the EU games get underrated,  Divinity 2, Sacred 2, Risen, Two Worlds etc. get 5s and 6s.  Expect TW2 and the upcoming Gothic to get similar treatment.  I get more enjoyment out of them than lots of games rated 7 plus.  I'm a sucker for punishment but not a graphics whore obviously.  Off topic but why isn't Witcher on consoles? 

These threads are great for ideas on sleepers and older games that are usually cheap.  I wouldn't have played Darksiders otherwise.  Being derivative of a bunch of games I never played didn't hurt my experience.  Agree on Wake.  High expectations don't actually make a game worse.  They do hurt the meta and the sales.  I'll give the Red Factions a try. 

Wasn't the original ME rated at 91 on MC?  So it's technically AAA and not underrated by much.  One of my top 5 that's for sure.  M$ should stop whining and let it go.  Wish DS was multi.  I'd appreciate it. 

New Super Mario Bros Wii got excellent reviews, but I think it is overrated by The ONIONS!!!