By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name an underrated game

No One Lives Forever on the PS2 was under-rated. Apparently the PC version was way better but I never played it and I thought the PS2 version was just fine. Great game, if you have a gaming PC you should play it or if you still play PS2 then you should play it.

Also Gran Turismo 3 is underrated. I don't care that its one of the best selling non-bundled exclusive titles of all time, you can't give it enough praise! Its that good.

Around the Network
dystopia said:

Policenauts, out of all Kojima's games it is the best.

Is there an English version of it and the PC Engine version of Snatcher?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Underrated this gen : Mario Kart Wii and Lost Odyssey

Overrated this gen : FFXIII

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Advance Wars DS. Maybe more undermentioned than underrated.

Timeshift & Chromehounds

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
TauKappaNASA said:
Cheebee said:

Bomberman 64. I LOVE that game. It's such a charming, fun experience.

Ageed, I also remember a VW Beetle racing game for 64 that was awesome but dont remember hearing much about it...Beetle Adventure Racing maybe?

Yeah, I think that's the name. I heard it was great, but never got to play it... The N64 had quite a lot of very fun, charming games that got overlooked by a lot of people...

On a side note, the 2nd Bomberman 64 sucked.

TAKE THAT BACK!

Bomberman Hero was fantastic! Music was fun, levels were memoraable, and bosses were cool!

That's my underrated game for the list, them. Bombermn Hero. :)

RCTjunkie said:
Cheebee said:
TauKappaNASA said:
Cheebee said:

Bomberman 64. I LOVE that game. It's such a charming, fun experience.

Ageed, I also remember a VW Beetle racing game for 64 that was awesome but dont remember hearing much about it...Beetle Adventure Racing maybe?

Yeah, I think that's the name. I heard it was great, but never got to play it... The N64 had quite a lot of very fun, charming games that got overlooked by a lot of people...

On a side note, the 2nd Bomberman 64 sucked.

TAKE THAT BACK!

Bomberman Hero was fantastic! Music was fun, levels were memoraable, and bosses were cool!

That's my underrated game for the list, them. Bombermn Hero. :)

I think he was actually talking about Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The Witcher, honestly one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Ill have to agree on Final Fantasy XIII, hands down that is one of the most underated games of all time. Perfect story, perfect battle system, perfect world design, the game was a breath of fresh air into the franchise, and its the first Final Fantasy where i liked all of the characters for once. And im glad many people have mentioned it so far because im sick of all the haters / reviewers comparing it to older games in the franchise. Just because they dropped the make-up wearing antagonist, changed the old and dried up battle system and streamlined the game doesnt make it bad.

Another game is NiGHT's into Dreams. One of the most fun and innovative games i have ever played, when you fly in that game you feel like a bird, as long as you have the original Sega Saturn and 3D controller that is =P.

Another is Metal Gear Solid 3, it was rated the lowest out of the series but i honestly think it is the best alongside Metal Gear Solid 1. The story wasn't overblown, it was a much simpler game than the others which in my opinion is better. And you have got to love the environments, Snake belongs in the jungle. And the bosses were badass too.

Another is Sonic Adventure. Hands down the best 3D Sonic game. I loved the free roam elements, the music was absolutely amazing, the graphics were flashy, the bosses were fun yet challenging, the action levels were fast and fun, amazing level design and world design too. And Perfect Chaos, what a BADASS. What more could you want from a Sonic game?

My choice would be Bayonetta. Critically the game had great scores. The story was amusing mostly because it was so corny and horrible. I just think it deserves a lot more sales.

I also agree with the many so far to say Heavenly Sword. That game is easily the most underappreciated games on the PS3.