By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many Games (New) Do You Plan to Buy Between now and Dec 31?

How Many Games (New) Do You Plan to Buy Between now and Dec 31?

0: I have no money / I have a backlog 13 9.49%

1-3: Not much coming out for me 37 27.01%

4-6: Some good stuff coming 49 35.77%

7-10: Best Fall Season in Ages 22 16.06%

11-15: Best Fall Ever 5 3.65%

15+: I'm Rich & I Have T... 11 8.03%

Total:137

I have a big backlog on Wii (four games) which I'm trimming down at about one game every six months...but I'm still likely to buy a fair number of games over the next few months.

Will Buy Four to Eight of the Following for Wii (retail) from the following:

Epic Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sonic Colors, Monster Hunter 3, Donkey Kong Country Returns, NBA Jam, Shiren the Wanderer, Flingsmash, Sin & Punishment,Metroid: Other M, Samurai Warriors 3, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Wii Party, Wii Fit Plus.

Will Buy Three to Five of the Following for WiiWare (Download):

Hoopworld, Muscle March, Tomena Sanner, Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Super Meat Boy, Jett Rocket, Flowerworks, Cave Story, Gradius Rebirth, Max & The Magic Marker.

Considering buying one of these:

Flip's Twisted World (Wii), Udraw (Wii), Create (Wii), Super Scribblenauts (DS), Age of Empires: Mythologies (DS) but I also have a four DS game backlog.

I'm probably going to end up buying Epic Mickey, Sonic Colors, Monster Hunter 3, NBA Jam, Kirby: Epic Yarn, DKC Returns, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, along with Muscle March, Tomena Sanner, Sonic 4, Super Meat Boy and Cave Story in 2010. Depends on if I get any birthday money...

What do you plan to buy for your systems? For me its looking like a strong Fall lineup. On Wii I've basically done this:

Fall 2006 - Feb 2007: Wii Sports, Zelda, Rayman, Sonic & The Secret Rings

Fall 2007 - Feb 2008: Galaxy 1, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Nights, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Zack & Wiki

Fall 2008 - Feb 2009: Muramasa, De Blob, Wario Land, MLB Power Pros, World of Goo, My Life as a King, Lost Winds

Fall 2009 - Feb 2010:  Sky Crawlers, NSMB Wii, Nyxquest, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods 10, Dawn of  Discovery, Little King Story

Between Nov 1 - April 1 is when I do most of my playing - get through six + games in that half year but get distracted by MLB in Apr - Oct and tend to get through two to four games during that time. So for me the best "half year" has been Fall 2009, given when I've gotten to games I like although Fall 2007 was no slouch and Fall 2006 / Fall 2008 were good, just not great.

How many games do you plan to buy over the rest of 2010 and how does it compare to previous Aug - Dec periods for you this generation?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

I will almost certainly get all the game in my sig released by that time here in Europe.

From my back-catalog, I hope to get TWEWY, Baten Kaitos, The Ninja Gaiden Sigma games, Wario Land: The Shade Dimension and all 3 Mario and Luigi games.

But I know that in reality, I will only get 2/3 or 3/4 of them

between 1 to 3 cause i just got 3 and i still want to get a psp before christmas.

ermmm

1. GT5 (PS3)

2. DKCR (Wii)

3. Civilizations V (PC)

4. FFXIV (PC)

5. Final Fantasy : The 4 Warriors of Light (DS)

6. LBP 2 (PS3)

So six...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'll buy every high profile game that comes out. Halo and cod and LBP2,GT5. I'm in the 4-6 category. lol

Around the Network

Probably 3-4.

I'm looking at Halo, Fable, Call of Duty, and FIFA right now.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Voted 7-10

So far this is my list:
-Dead Rising 2
-Metroid: Other M
-Atelier Rorona
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
-Sly Cooper Collection
-Sonic Colors
-Donkey Kong Country Return

We'll see how many I end up buying in the end.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I'm probably getting around 10.

Haven't spoken to my brother yet, but I guess he will buy about 10 as well, so that makes 20 for us to play in the next 4 months :)

I'm most a budget shopper - with a considerable backlog of games I havn't finished or some even played yet.   Consequently I usually wait for the price to drop to $20-30 before picking up a titles but this fall will be a change of pace because Nintendo (who generally doesn't drop prices) is releasing a bunch of titles I want so I might as well pick them up one time.

Metroid: Other M

Kirby: Epic Yarn

Wii Party

I'm also interested in Fling Smash and DKCR but those'll likely get bumped into 2011

Also looking at getting

NBA JAM (probably for $20 now that they devalued it by making it a free download bonus on 360)

Goldeneye and / or Conduit 2 - May get a full price, if the online & multiplayer is rock solid

UDraw - maaaybe depending on reviews of the various related games.

4-6. Rarely do i buy more than a game a month (or something that averages out to that. This year i'm skipping September but probably doubling up in November or December)

The only three i know for certain i'm getting are Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Sonic Colors, the rest will be a choice between Goldeneye, Conduit 2, Donkey Kong Country, or Epic Mickey, and that all presumes that the 3DS doesn't land on this side of the winter solstice.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.