By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 graphics improving steadily.. based on recent in-game trailers..

Uncharted will always be the best looking game this gen for the current crop of consoles. Same goes for the GOW games if they release another. Killzone 2 was a good looking game but it was quite limited in scope and had frame rate drops it and used quincux AA which I dislike.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:

Uncharted will always be the best looking game this gen for the current crop of consoles. Same goes for the GOW games if they release another. Killzone 2 was a good looking game but it was quite limited in scope and had frame rate drops it and used quincux AA which I dislike.

which ucharted are you talking about,UC2 or future UC's?

uc2 isn't gonna be the best graphics though

jneul said:

Is that a PC game, lool?? 9.9fps only??

Yes. It's called S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the game whose sequel you'll be enjoying in 2012 too.

What would you expect with 4xAA @ 1080p? It'd probably be like 30 frames per second if it was 2xAA @720p instead. And still look better than console games, though it does probably require pretty expensive parts to run on high settings. That said, PC gaming isn't so very expensive in the end even though consoles are mostly cheaper.

Anyway, back on topic. Yes, PS3 games are starting to look better all the time... And that's happening on other consoles too, though PS3 seems to have advanced the most. inFamous 2 looks pretty good, I always though the first one was too gray for me to buy it but the sequel looks a lot better.

Probably not the right thread to ask this, but since you've put the new Ratchet & Clank trailer in the OP I'll try it.

Does the new R&C only have online co-op or LBP-type offline co-op too ?

Barozi said:

Probably not the right thread to ask this, but since you've put the new Ratchet & Clank trailer in the OP I'll try it.

which new one,the 4in ALL or Crack in time

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Barozi said:

I was talking about the R&C trailer in the OP, so All 4 One

Barozi said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Barozi said:

I was talking about the R&C trailer in the OP, so All 4 One

it is online and have offline too but it won't be four offline

This thread makes me sad... Am I the only one that's played GoW3? 

Scale
Texture
Character Models

I'd say Killzone 2 beats it in Lighting and maybe Animation but other than that, how is it that no one's calling it Graphics king? After getting the Platinum in GoW3, Uncharted 2 and Killzone2;

GoW3 > Killzone (Multiplayer) > Uncharted 2

As for KZ3, from what I've seen so far it's slightly more detailed in screen shots but for the most part more or less the same. The scale and boost in framerate makes up for it, though. Also, you could never know how great a game really looks by screenshots and videos. Learned that with GoW3, KZ2, inFamous and FF13.

IMU1808 said:

This thread makes me sad... Am I the only one that's played GoW3? 

Scale
Texture
Character Models

I'd say Killzone 2 beats it in Lighting and maybe Animation but other than that, how is it that no one's calling it Graphics king? After getting the Platinum in GoW3, Uncharted 2 and Killzone2;

GoW3 > Killzone (Multiplayer) > Uncharted 2

As for KZ3, from what I've seen so far it's slightly more detailed in screen shots but for the most part more or less the same. The scale and boost in framerate makes up for it, though. Also, you could never know how great a game really looks by screenshots and videos. Learned that with GoW3, KZ2, inFamous and FF13.

yes GOW3 is awesome

it has more detail than any other game

its just that Uncharted 1 was so highly regarded that people waited for UC2 alot because of its visual prowess.and so the main thing it is remembered as is the visuals.

also UC2 is alot like a movie and the overall scenary .

GOW3 is very detailed and looks stunning but visuals were not its main point so people overlook that feature

i agree about the screenshots and gameplay,trailer videos thing completely.

for example,i just can't see why people are talking so much about RAGE.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Badassbab said:

which ucharted are you talking about,UC2 or future UC's?

uc2 isn't gonna be the best graphics though

I mean the Uncharted games in general and it's game engine. I can't see it being topped this gen. Uncharted 3 will be the top again if Uncharted 2 get's dethroned. Also GOW3. I can't decide which looks better, sometimes say when Drake is walking through the Tibetan village in UC2, it looks better than GOW3 but other times GOW 3 looks better.

Which game do you think looks the best this gen then (on consoles)?