By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 graphics improving steadily.. based on recent in-game trailers..

ps3 game have been the graphics king for many years now and will be till this gen ends. only thing that can top a ps3 exclusive is if a pc dev makes a crysis like game that manly focuses on graphics 

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Severance said:

Did you play A Crack in Time Leo-j ? thats one of the most underrated technical marvels.

I approve of this post. You really dont realise how beautiful the game is until you see it with your own eyes

I also approve. It's hard not to just stare at the environments in the game. Especially in space. Sad as it may sound, I've spent a good few hours just flying around and looking at the different sectors in the game. It's really an incredible looking game. Not to mention one of the best, if not the best Ratchet games ever. 

And I too am excited for the new R&C game. But that goes without saying.

I want to buy all these games...

insomniac17 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Severance said:

Did you play A Crack in Time Leo-j ? thats one of the most underrated technical marvels.

I approve of this post. You really dont realise how beautiful the game is until you see it with your own eyes

I also approve. It's hard not to just stare at the environments in the game. Especially in space. Sad as it may sound, I've spent a good few hours just flying around and looking at the different sectors in the game. It's really an incredible looking game. Not to mention one of the best, if not the best Ratchet games ever. 

yeah i get pretty ticked off when people who never played it call it worse looking than Tools, and it was the worst.

some of these guys are basing their little "Facts" off of youtube videos =/

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
insomniac17 said:

yeah i get pretty ticked off when people who never played it call it worse looking than Tools, and it was the worst.

I also dislike all the people who claimed that it was just more of the same, blah. Sure, the Ratchet parts weren't a huge difference; the hoverboots are lots of fun, as are the weapons (as always), but the Clank parts are by far my favorite in the entire series. Those puzzles are a ton of fun... plus, it's just kinda cool to manipulate time. The space combat is mildly entertaining as well, but the best aspect of flying around in space is just looking around. Oh, and the exploring moons thing. That's fun too.

I disagree with anyone who says that ToD is better than ACIT. Though ToD is still great fun.

Around the Network

More inFAMOUS.

insomniac17 said:
Severance said:
insomniac17 said:

I also dislike all the people who claimed that it was just more of the same, blah. Sure, the Ratchet parts weren't a huge difference; the hoverboots are lots of fun, as are the weapons (as always), but the Clank parts are by far my favorite in the entire series. Those puzzles are a ton of fun... plus, it's just kinda cool to manipulate time. The space combat is mildly entertaining as well, but the best aspect of flying around in space is just looking around. Oh, and the exploring moons thing. That's fun too.

I disagree with anyone who says that ToD is better than ACIT. Though ToD is still great fun.

Yes @ Bolded , the scale is amazing, when you land on a moon you can see every other moon in the galaxy and all those little moons you can see enemies walking around and you can also see space ships , rocks , stars .....ect walking around its amazing.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

iHuGi said:

No they are not. Besides... Quantity >> Quality.

Thats why Activision line up is allways so big... Guitar Hero , Tony Hawk etc... EA : Fifa , Madden , more FIFA... :/

Wow really? I think thats the first time I've heard somebody say that.

OT: PS3 games are in a constant battle for graphics king and I don't see it ending anytime soon. Uncharted 2 looks amazing, but I think KZ3 will surpass it, which is pretty incredible.

iHuGi said:
leo-j said:
Acevil said:

While not a graphics whore (still prefer snes/psx era style games over current generations), I have to agree ps3 continues to build on the fact that it is a deadly machine. Pity no one else uses resources on the ps3 besides sony themselves. 

and its making sony look superior to every other dev/publisher out there.. I think they're releasing more games than EA/MICROSOFT/UBISOFT/ACTIVISION combined ..

No they are not. Besides... Quantity >> Quality.

Thats why Activision line up is allways so big... Guitar Hero , Tony Hawk etc... EA : Fifa , Madden , more FIFA... :/

um sony has more games coming out than all of those companies..

mM

Don't forget to give EA credit, Dead Space 2 looks amazing for a multiplat but yah SONY FTW