By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 graphics improving steadily.. based on recent in-game trailers..

tuscaniman said:
jneul said:
BenVTrigger said:

Def PS3 games are starting to clearly become the best on any console, but I do think Gears 3 deserves an honorable mention in the best graphics department

KZ3 and Infamous 2 are both gorgeous.  Infamous especially for a sandbox game its just beautiful the explosions are particularly pretty.  

NO, SORRY IT DOESN'T(APART FROM X360), SORRY THE NEW STANDARD IS 720P WITH MLAA.

Infamous 2 is very mindblowing considering it is an open wold game that uses MLAA, it definately looks better than alot of games on PS3, day one buy for me:):)

Except the Gears 3 multiplayer footage looks better graphically than the KZ3 multiplayer footage. Killzone 3 still with no colors.

not even close..

you suddenly add color and light to gears, and it suddenly looks as good as KZ3? That's really

mM
Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
iHuGi said:
leo-j said:
Acevil said:

While not a graphics whore (still prefer snes/psx era style games over current generations), I have to agree ps3 continues to build on the fact that it is a deadly machine. Pity no one else uses resources on the ps3 besides sony themselves. 

and its making sony look superior to every other dev/publisher out there.. I think they're releasing more games than EA/MICROSOFT/UBISOFT/ACTIVISION combined ..

No they are not. Besides... Quantity >> Quality.

Thats why Activision line up is allways so big... Guitar Hero , Tony Hawk etc... EA : Fifa , Madden , more FIFA... :/

i think he meant more of the quality titles

and you are very wrong

Quality>>> quantity

Exactly.  I'd rather have a couple of masterpieces than a lot of average/boring games any day.  And if you guys want to talk about beautiful graphics, talk about LBP2!  Nobody has brought it up.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

KillerMan said:

It only costed Sony something like 6 billion dollars. Job well done. ;)

more like $2b in overall loss of the company

but they will easily make that back,they will make half of that this year itself

leo-j said:
tuscaniman said:
jneul said:
BenVTrigger said:

Def PS3 games are starting to clearly become the best on any console, but I do think Gears 3 deserves an honorable mention in the best graphics department

KZ3 and Infamous 2 are both gorgeous.  Infamous especially for a sandbox game its just beautiful the explosions are particularly pretty.  

NO, SORRY IT DOESN'T(APART FROM X360), SORRY THE NEW STANDARD IS 720P WITH MLAA.

Infamous 2 is very mindblowing considering it is an open wold game that uses MLAA, it definately looks better than alot of games on PS3, day one buy for me:):)

Except the Gears 3 multiplayer footage looks better graphically than the KZ3 multiplayer footage. Killzone 3 still with no colors.

not even close..

you suddenly add color and light to gears, and it suddenly looks as good as KZ3? That's really

Yeah look at the KZ3 multiplayer trailer. It really is not impressive at all. Looks much worse than the campaign footage shown at E3. And once again a super limited color pallett. Yellows and grays. Gears 3 looks better mp wise.

cant wait, wonder if crysis 2 will have better graphis than KZ3 tho   prolly not

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Around the Network
FullMetalMerc said:

cant wait, wonder if crysis 2 will have better graphis than KZ3 tho   prolly not

they could still screw is for the 360 version or the porting job

there are many graphic overhauls left on PS3 still:

Gran Turismo  5

LBP 2

KZ3

INFAMOUS 2

RATCHET &CLANK 4 IN ALL

FINAL FANTASY XIII VERSUS

NAUGHTY DOG NEXT GAME

THE LAST GUARDIAN

leo-j said:
tuscaniman said:

not even close..

This.

Not even close.

jneul said:
Squilliam said:

No, 60FPS Vsync.

Yes, PC game.

And I still like MSAA TSAA better than MLAA in motion.

I also like:

SSAA Better.

AAA Better.

cool one powerful rig you must have, bows dow in respect, i must admit nothing can beat a fully souped up PC!!

Its expensive being an enthusiast however being an enthusiast makes you not notice how expensive being an enthusiast is!

I do say that MLAA on the right game with the right implementation is very good. Im definately looking forward to Infamous 2 now especially as I love open world games and Crackdown 2 was 2 much of the same.

Tease.

I think what makes uncharted 2 stand out so graphically from it's competition was the variety of environments. I mean fighting in museums, forests, war-torn cities, snowy mountain, rural villages, ect. it was simply amazing how ND incorporated all these different things and they all looked fantastic.(add in a HDTV, HDMI cable an prepare for your mind to be blown)

my opinion

GT5> Uncharted 2(I think GT5 will take the crown)

The Last Guardian> uncharted

Killzone 3>Uncharted 2

Infamous 2=Uncharted 2(and for it being a sandbox game, that's a incredible upgrade from the first)

FFXIIIvs>>>Uncharted 2!!!=) 

Uncharted 3>>>>Uncharted 2 and all else(excluding PC of course) 

tuscaniman said:
leo-j said:
tuscaniman said:
jneul said:
BenVTrigger said:

not even close..

Yeah look at the KZ3 multiplayer trailer. It really is not impressive at all. Looks much worse than the campaign footage shown at E3. And once again a super limited color pallett. Yellows and grays. Gears 3 looks better mp wise.

That trailer was the length of a commercial and showed 1, maybe 2 levels only... Seriously, dude?