By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

Oh, lookie. It's banning time i think. Either way i agree that there are way too many fps games on that list, it's not even funny. I like playing one game or two from this genre every year, but 20+? Sorry, but this list fails for me.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

Wow, I thought the 360 might stop with the whole generic FPS on-slaught, but alas it seems like it's only just getting warmed up. Seriously, can't developers think of something other then a FPS which slighty deviates from what Halo or Half-Life did so well 5 years ago :/.

It was a pretty poor list really, I'm guessing alot of people could read it and be mighty impressed but for me there was no diversity, and any games which tried to show some innovatiion or artistic desire were completely ignored for the most part. For shame GamePro, For Shame.

A lot of games that I want to play for sure and a lot that I forgot like Infamous.

2008 will be a good year.

"and it read like their fucking release list from 2007/2008."

formulated a bit harshly but not without merit. This year the PC/360/PS3 conglomerate had great new IPs like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's, Uncharted etc. that gave you the possibility to walk through ancient cities teaming with people, look for the treasure of Sir Francis Drake in a beautiful jungle, save the world in a gigantic galaxy or go through dark creepy underwater worlds that went wrong. And people even dare to complain that non-Nintendo gaming is becoming too similar? I mean Nintendo soon needs to fight with Square for double-digit version numbers.

You can say that you like the Nintendo style but the BigN is the epitome of doing the same thing year after year after year after ... Not that it is bad, but the differences between Zelda, Metroid and Mario and their predecessors are mainly doing the same thing but make it a bit better and try to fit in the motion control.

y isnt Banjo-Kazooie 3 in the list i thought it was out next year

Around the Network

that site is as slow as this one used to be but from what I could be bothered to wait to see load:

How sad that there is hardly an original title amongst them and a great gaming year consists of unoriginal titles recycled as something new but we have all played time and time again before.

That was the most bullshit list I've ever seen. Just seeing Killzone 2 in the top 5 made me lose all sense of credibility for it. #1 and #2 though I could agree with though.

That is a bad list. Brawl should have been WAY higher. They just gave games that they thought had good graphics a higher up place. And so that Clank game is higher than brawl. Taht is a horrible list

Explosivo said:
Only 3 Wii games :O Aren't there anymore Wii games anticipated for 2008?
And like 40 X360-games. Hadn't realized that...

4 if you count spore.

4 PS3 exclusives in the top 10 and you're saying the PS3 release list isn't impressive????

Tekken 6 is PS3 exclusive, SC IV is multiplatform.

The top 2 seem exactly right to me: GTA and MGS, but would I have put them in that order.

I suggest eveyone who still thinks that a) The PS3 has no games and b) That Wii's 08 list is not the weakest of the three consoles to read this list.

And yes, No More Heroes should be on there.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!