By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

SSBB should of been #1

Around the Network

As long as Kart and Smash made the list, I'm all good.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

endurance said:
SSBB should of been #1

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/supersmashbrosmelee

vs

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/grandtheftauto3

vs.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/metalgearsolid2

mM

When I got done reading the list I realized it was missing the second half of the title "From a PS3 owner's perspective." If they had added that I would agree with a lot of it.

Anyways, while I agree with GTA IV as number 1 for most anticipated there are lot of games not on the list that should be and there are games that are way to high on the list that should be in the top 10 (like SSBB) as well as games that are way to low on the list that should be much higher ( like spore).

PS - KZ2 is #4 leo, not #3.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The top 15 games I am looking forward to most in 2008 and the platform I am most interested in playing them on: I am a Wii owner that hopes to get a PS3 next year and can play other people's 360s.

1 Spore (PC)
2 GTA4 (360)
3 SSBB (Wii)
4 Wii Fit (Wii)
5 Fable 2 (360)
6 Mario Kart (Wii)
7 Tekken 6 (PS3)
8 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii)
9 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land (Wii)
10 GH4 (Wii)
11 Dragon Quest 4 (DS)
12 Final Fantasy 4 (DS)
13 Gran Turismo 5 Demo (PS3)
14 Soul Calibur IV (360)
15 Afrika (PS3)

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

this list is a joke. It makes me feel a bit depressed, seeing so many FPS... I was already sad to see so many FPS, but now this list is killing me.

There's not even 10 games i'm interested in in this list...

GTA "sandbox" games and their ilk have seen their heyday.

How many more times can I shoot up the same warehouse/crackhouse, gun down the same thugs, run over the same hookers, blow up the same structures, etc. before the deja vu becomes intolerable?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

SSBB is not the same game as SSBM.

MGS 4 is not MGS 2.

GTA 4 is not GTA 3. 

Smash_Brother said:

How many more times can I shoot up the same warehouse/crackhouse, gun down the same thugs, run over the same hookers, blow up the same structures, etc. before the deja vu becomes so bad I abandon gaming to become a mime or something?

Coming from someone with Smash Brothers as a profile pic that is funny.  Yesterday I was looking at a list of Nintendo games from the early 90s and it read like their fucking release list from 2007/2008.  So until Nintendo stops milking their franchises shut the fuck up about someone else doing it.

GBush said:
Smash_Brother said:

How many more times can I shoot up the same warehouse/crackhouse, gun down the same thugs, run over the same hookers, blow up the same structures, etc. before the deja vu becomes so bad I abandon gaming to become a mime or something?

Coming from someone with Smash Brothers as a profile pic that is funny. Yesterday I was looking at a list of Nintendo games from the early 90s and it read like their fucking release list from 2007/2008. So until Nintendo stops milking their franchises shut the fuck up about someone else doing it.

How is a consistant opinion funny? People act as if once you have decided what you like your opinion no longer matters. He can like SSBB and still have a valid opinion about the list.

PS - You might want to change your signature, I'm pretty sure it violates forum rules. 

To Each Man, Responsibility