By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

Only 3 Wii games :O Aren't there anymore Wii games anticipated for 2008?
And like 40 X360-games. Hadn't realized that...

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Around the Network

brawl deserves to be at a better place,its my number 1 most wanted game

Here is a little experiment:
Take away from that list all the games where the protagonist uses
A) Guns and/or swords
to kill
B)Aliens, terrorists, zombies, mercenaries, soldiers, ninjas, demon and criminals

Now tell me what is left.
Indeed a very diverse list that will appeal to everyone.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

All I see is "The top 48 Bullshot games we're looking forward to because we like pretty screenshots and we have nothing else to write about right now."

Fail.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I disagreed with so much on that list o_O

Around the Network

"Maybe the PS3 line up for 2008 isn't has great as some would preach??"

Quantity and quality the PS3 exclusives are at 2(MGS4) 4(Killzone2) , 6 (Tekken wasn't it multi?), 10(FFXIII)

The first 360 exclusive is at 11 (Halo Wars) (If someone finds an error he can keep it)

But in the end I don't know what these totally subjective lists help.

PROTIP: Don't take anything GamePro writes seriously. Since 1994. Hooray for hyping a bunch of screenshots.

2/3 of the games on that list could be scenes from the same game -- this trend disturbs me.

On the other hand the list was great to get an overview for 2008 this will be a cool year for gamers.

GTA4, Fallout3, Indiana Jones, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed some real PC game classics return. I hope they don't make them suck. But I think I won't have problems to find something to play.

Oh and I overlooked "Left 4 Dead" as 360/PC exclusive at 7 although I have not yet heard of it.

The #1 title is GTA 4

#2 is MGS4

#3 is killzone 2..

mM

"Take away from that list all the games where the protagonist uses
A) Guns and/or swords to kill
B)Aliens, terrorists, zombies, mercenaries, soldiers, ninjas, demon and criminals
Now tell me what is left."

Not much, but this is pretty much everything that is fun in gaming. I mean you can also play with pedagogical wooden toys but come-on. There is nothing wrong with blasting away a couple of monster hordes.

"FFXIII will not be out in '08."

why is everyone repeating these rumors. We have no idea about the release date of FFXIII, XMAS 2008 for Japan, is as good a guess as anything.