By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

MGS4 is a typical action game. With female models turned into war machines, black guy with a pet monkey and both launder weapons. Oh don't forget the ninjas.

Typical action game.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Around the Network
Peter Potamus said:
Is littlebigplanet on the list?

Yes, around number 20, I think.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The only games I'm intrested in in that list is:
Spore
Starcraft II
Wii Fit
Mario Kart Wii
SSBB

and maybe GTA4 if it gets released to PC in 2008.

But if I had a X360 and PS3 the list may have look different, but I don't like FPS that much so I spend my money otherwise.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Why is WiiFit on this list? isnt it being released in America and Europe this month too?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wow PS3 owners have something to look forward to in 2008.

I'll take the case!!!

Around the Network
lolita said:
Too many shooters on that list... Geez is that all that comes out these days? =__= '

Grand Theft Auto IV number 1? Oh geez... >_>

Everyone has different tastes I guess (even if some are bad)... Oh well.

Pretty much my thoughts.  The lack of either Brawl or Kart in the top 10 destroyed its appeal for me completely. Especially considering both will be in the top 10 in sales (probably top 5).  After that, I just didn't care. 

SeriousWB said:
GTA III and GTA Vice City have oh so much more in common any of your example series ckmlb.

More than Pokemon?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ssj12 said:
Why is WiiFit on this list? isnt it being released in America and Europe this month too?

no in the US it will release in Q1,i dont know about europe though

Harvey Birdman said:
Wow PS3 owners have something to look forward to in 2008.

they even had good games this year

ckmlb said:
SeriousWB said:
GTA III and GTA Vice City have oh so much more in common any of your example series ckmlb.

More than Pokemon?

More than Pokemon?  A hell of a lot more than Pokemon!  I have never understood your ignorance of the Pokemon series ckmb.  You constantly claim nothing changes between games, and yet you don't seem to know anything about them at all.  I have never seen someone attack a game they knew so little about.