By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

mesoteto said:
@sien---easy turbo--taking it personal much...*sigh* i give up on ya kid here i am just trying to have some nice jokes and you freak out....sad..but heres some advice

Ah, I love how you basically freak out on sienster and then tell him to relax. But just so you know, from a bystanders point of view you come out as an ass. 

Oh, I hope I get a reply with one of those mentally challenged kids!!

Edit: Hey! Looks like I wasn't the only one

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Guardian said:
sienster said:
mesoteto said:
@sien---easy turbo--taking it personal much...*sigh* i give up on ya kid here i am just trying to have some nice jokes and you freak out....sad..but heres some advice

Also, with the way you poke fun at mentally handicapped, you better hope your future kid isn't one! Karma's a bitch, you know.

You know how blacks can make fun of other blacks and not take any heat over it?  Well it's the same for mesoteto and retards.

Ouch!!!

Smash_Brother said:
sienster said: Must be a Wii owner...

...except that 2 minutes of looking at my post history reveals that I've talked about how great Bioshock, Orange Box and Drake's Fortune are.

Sorry, I didn't take the time to look - my bad.

Chill out people. Cool it with the insults or I'm going to lock the topic.

Guardian said:

I bet you're looking forward to Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.. Amirite??? Numbuts you go by the name Smash Brother and you spout that line and expect to be taken seriously???

I've seen plenty of Halo fans who loved Mario Galaxy and plenty of people with the name "Mario" in their user name say they've enjoyed Halo.

You've failed to make a point here.

And for the record, no, I'm not looking forward to Mario Kart, but I'm looking forward to Too Human and MGS4.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network
sienster said:

Sorry, I didn't take the time to look - my bad.

That's alright. My username implies that I'm a Nintendo fan (which I am) but I give other games their due diligence.

When I say I don't see the appeal of sandbox crime games, I'm being serious. I enjoyed one playthrough of Godfather but I could never do another sandbox again. It would just feel like deja vu... 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
Guardian said:

Have you actually played a current build of GTA4?  No?  Then who are you to say it doesn't belong at #1?

Because games to look forward to should be new games with new ideas, not horse-beatin' sequels which promise to be the same gameplay with a few changes. 

DAMN STRAIGHT.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

First Katamari, then Portal, next up: Spore.

Great ideas are few and far between, but they're happening. Elebits was great too, but it doesn't seem as epic as those 3 games. Galaxy tried a bunch of new shit too, but starred an old buddy of mine.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Smash_Brother said:
Guardian said:

I bet you're looking forward to Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.. Amirite??? Numbuts you go by the name Smash Brother and you spout that line and expect to be taken seriously???

I've seen plenty of Halo fans who loved Mario Galaxy and plenty of people with the name "Mario" in their user name say they've enjoyed Halo.

You've failed to make a point here.

And for the record, no, I'm not looking forward to Mario Kart, but I'm looking forward to Too Human and MGS4.

I agree, I'm one of those people.  While, I didn't think SMG was the best game ever, it was quite good - same goes for Halo 3.  Personally, I can't wait for Super Mario Kart Wii!

How can you rate these games if they are not out yet?