By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

@sien---easy turbo--taking it personal much...*sigh* i give up on ya kid here i am just trying to have some nice jokes and you freak out....sad..but heres some advice

Around the Network
sinha said:
ItsaMii said:
A) Guns and/or swords

Are there no guns or swords in RE4, Zelda, Metroid....

The list itself isn't bad (aside from a few games), but the order is, so just ignore the order.

So what Wii games are missing from the list? The only thing I have seen mentioned so far is No More Heroes. 

As far as Spore is concerned, they don't list the PS3 and 360 versions either, and somehow I think those will probably be more similar to the PC version than the Wii version will be.

Again, ignoring the order, how many of these games should not be on the list?  I can only think of a few.

Spore doesn't have a 360 or PS3 version.

mesoteto said:
@sien---easy turbo--taking it personal much...*sigh* i give up on ya kid here i am just trying to have some nice jokes and you freak out....sad..but heres some advice

Kid, I'm ten years older than you, young chap.  I didn't freak out, I made a comment and you freaked out and started insulting me with your smart ass comments.

ClaudeLv250 said: 

If only some morons took their own advice. 

That'd be too good to be true.

My main point in all of this is that GTA4 doesn't belong as the number one anticipated game, not by a long shot.

I'd put Alan Wake or No More Heroes at #1 long before I put GTA4 there. At least those games are trying something new whereas GTA4 is going to be more of the same.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

mesoteto said:

Also, with the way you poke fun at mentally handicapped, you better hope your future kid isn't one!  Karma's a bitch, you know.

Around the Network

man really touched a nerver with ya didnt i Sien

A couple of quick points..

1. I originally pointed out the lack of a Wii listing for Spore. It has been pointed out by others it also lackes PS3 and Xbox 360. While that is true, no one knows what systems it is really going to be made for -- but the current rumors seem to point to Wii for next year, with TBA for the others.

2. Gamepro offered the most offending to Wii supports translation of comments from the Square-Enxi CEO Wada. And remember what website has made this list.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Not sure what a nerver is, but no, I don't take insults too well.

well have fun i wasnt trying to be personal about it guy i have to go help my wife...i think she is nesting phase

Smash_Brother said:

ClaudeLv250 said:

If only some morons took their own advice.

That'd be too good to be true.

My main point in all of this is that GTA4 doesn't belong as the number one anticipated game, not by a long shot.

I'd put Alan Wake or No More Heroes at #1 long before I put GTA4 there. At least those games are trying something new whereas GTA4 is going to be more of the same.

Have you actually played a current build of GTA4?  No?  Then who are you to say it doesn't belong at #1?