By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

mesoteto said:
well have fun i wasnt trying to be personal about it guy i have to go help my wife...i think she is nesting phase
Ok, I'll chill out.  It's all good if it was done in fun.  Bring her icecream and pickles :)

Around the Network
Guardian said:
Smash_Brother said:

ClaudeLv250 said:

If only some morons took their own advice.

That'd be too good to be true.

My main point in all of this is that GTA4 doesn't belong as the number one anticipated game, not by a long shot.

I'd put Alan Wake or No More Heroes at #1 long before I put GTA4 there. At least those games are trying something new whereas GTA4 is going to be more of the same.

Have you actually played a current build of GTA4? No? Then who are you to say it doesn't belong at #1?

Nobody in the press has played the current build of most of those games, they are put there based on opinion and in his opinion GTA4 isnt the most anticipated.

Guardian said:

Have you actually played a current build of GTA4?  No?  Then who are you to say it doesn't belong at #1?

Because games to look forward to should be new games with new ideas, not horse-beatin' sequels which promise to be the same gameplay with a few changes. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Guardian said:
Smash_Brother said:

ClaudeLv250 said:

If only some morons took their own advice.

That'd be too good to be true.

My main point in all of this is that GTA4 doesn't belong as the number one anticipated game, not by a long shot.

I'd put Alan Wake or No More Heroes at #1 long before I put GTA4 there. At least those games are trying something new whereas GTA4 is going to be more of the same.

Have you actually played a current build of GTA4?  No?  Then who are you to say it doesn't belong at #1?

Agreed.  I can't wait for this game.  It might be bigger than Halo 3.  I think just about every video game website (save this one) would rate it as the number 1 anticipated game of 2008.

Wow this list is a Joke! seriously where do I begin.

FFXIII shouldn't even be on there it wo't be out in 2009
Starcraft 2 is too low it should be up higher as it is one of the most anticipated games
Killzone 2?
Way too many FPSs I mean half the list was first person FPS.
A bunch of stuff to numerous too mention

Of course this is Gamespots opinon aka whoever paid the most.

Let me say what I do agree with MGS 4 and GTA4 are highly anticipated titles no doubt and deserve where they are. Left4Dead isn't quite as hyped as those two games but it appears to eb a real good game with an interesting twist to FPS and Far Cry 2 being a sequel to Far Cry should also make it hyped.
Mario kart Wii is about right the hype for the game is kind of low at the moment but SSBB is far more hyped than Alan Wake and yet is farther down the list

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:
Guardian said:

Because games to look forward to should be new games with new ideas, not horse-beatin' sequels which promise to be the same gameplay with a few changes. 

Must be a Wii owner...

sienster said: Must be a Wii owner...

...except that 2 minutes of looking at my post history reveals that I've talked about how great Bioshock, Orange Box and Drake's Fortune are.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
Guardian said:

Have you actually played a current build of GTA4? No? Then who are you to say it doesn't belong at #1?

I bet you're looking forward to Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.. Amirite??? Numbnuts you go by the name Smash Brother and you spout that line and expect to be taken seriously???

sienster said:
mesoteto said:
@sien---easy turbo--taking it personal much...*sigh* i give up on ya kid here i am just trying to have some nice jokes and you freak out....sad..but heres some advice

Also, with the way you poke fun at mentally handicapped, you better hope your future kid isn't one! Karma's a bitch, you know.

You know how blacks can make fun of other blacks and not take any heat over it?  Well it's the same for mesoteto and retards.

i remember i had a subscription to gamepro a long time ago, but their quality went poop and i canceled