By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official July NPD Thread (Data for 4 wks ending July 31 in 4.5 hrs)

Ping_ii said:
dejelek said:

wow so, VGC undefrtracked xbox 360.

PS3 rather low, because shortage as usual

wait wait, shortage is over  :)

PS3 undertracked again according to this month NPD and the last NPD month aswell why wern't you saying the same thing when ps3 was undertracked last month?

ohh w8 sony over ships ps3, ROFL!

xbox 360 undertracked too, remember for last month, and % of undertracked  is higher on xbox360 vs on PS3

but i  think vgchartz doing a great job.

next month, probably will be a small bump from 360S 4GB, but maybe not, august is a slow month to begin with.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

OH my Lol xD 84K???? Really??? O.o

vgc had it at 54K

If that makes you feel better

What's really funny is you trying to cover up your "surprise". It's sold these numbers now for a long time...

What I personally find amusing is how close the "doomed" PS3 is to the almighty Wii. Nevermind the 360 completely trouncing everything.

Really close.... Wii ~73 Million & Ps3 ~36 million.... closer than i thought... o wait, you mean worthless comparisson sales, like weekly and monthly, which only keeps making the gap even bigger and bigger....

OH yeah, really close =)

So in defence of PSP which I never really do but oh well

Going by your logic we shouldn't be laughing at PSP sales since its already sold 59.2 Million and its 84K this month is only increasing the value!

Not really.... that logic applied for the comparisson between 2 consoles. Carl mentioned PS3 and Wii.... you are only talking about psp.... so no, that's not my logic my friend =)

Now if you REALLY want to apply my same logic, go on... compare Psp to DS and let's see what happens

No your post sounded like it was bent upon ignoring these "meaningless weekly/monthly sales"....so I applied the same to PSP.

Now between DS and PSP the PSP has always been squashed to a pulp, and deservedly so after comparing their game libraries for me anyway DS is head, shoulders and toes above PSP, I can't say the same about PS3 vs Wii though.

Stop, just face it you are both losers =p.

WoW can't wait for August with the release of the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim. I think almost all of the 360 sales were 250 GB slims and a few 'old' elites. You can't find a $199 Xbox 360 these days (just checked bestbuy and amazon). The 4GB SKU will change that and it might bump sales.

Madden will sell quite well, too.

September is Halo Reach time, with a special edition console. Sales will increase due to holiday boost as well.

October is Fable III time. It won't move much hardware, but sell a nice amount of software.

November is Kinect and CoD Black Ops time. Huge hardware and software boost incoming.

December will see great sales anyway.

Early 2011 we will see Gears of War 3, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm and Rage to keep sales on a high level.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Top 20

Missed in action: Singularity, Arc Rise Fantasia, Trackmania and BlazBlue Shift

alfredofroylan said:

Top 20

Missed in action: Singularity, Arc Rise Fantasia, Trackmania and BlazBlue Shift

Trackmania? A game that hasn't been released?

Wipeout: The Game is a shocker.

Wii: 7
DS: 6
X360: 4
PS3: 3

O_O

Around the Network
palancas7 said:

Trackmania? A game that hasn't been released?

Saw the game at the release list of GT, I didn't notice that it was delayed at the laast moment. My Fault.

What did VGC have numberS for the same weeks?? I

Source why dont u put the VGC numbers in the opening post anymore in NPD threads?

Slimebeast said:

Source why dont u put the VGC numbers in the opening post anymore in NPD threads?

Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

OH my Lol xD 84K???? Really??? O.o

vgc had it at 54K

If that makes you feel better

What's really funny is you trying to cover up your "surprise". It's sold these numbers now for a long time...

What I personally find amusing is how close the "doomed" PS3 is to the almighty Wii. Nevermind the 360 completely trouncing everything.

Really close.... Wii ~73 Million & Ps3 ~36 million.... closer than i thought... o wait, you mean worthless comparisson sales, like weekly and monthly, which only keeps making the gap even bigger and bigger....

Yeah I'm starting to get annoyed with people constantly posting things liike "look how close the PS3 is to the Wii! Nintendo is in trouble!" as if PS3 being CLOSER to Wii yet still getting outsold by it means it's somehow catching up to it. That's not how it works. As long as Wii outsells PS3 at all, even if only be 1 unit, they are still puting more and more distance between themselves and their competitor. Some people can't seem to understand that.

palancas7 said:
Slimebeast said:

Again that's solid tracking by VGC. Very small differences between the two.

I wonder how hardware can differ so much. Wait I know, it's because VGC tracks actual sales data while NPD stealth adjusts past under/overtracking and stacks that on top of each current month instead of correcting past sales data.