By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your console progression this Gen?

Started with a wii then moved onto my 360. Haven't touch my wii since and its been over 2 years. Just got a PS3 this week aswell but just for the exclusives. The 360 will still be my console of choice.

Around the Network

PC from the beginning and still playing from time to time

2007 PSP

then in 2009 I bought a next-gen Console, good for the games, not good for my wallet

2009 PS3

Xbox 360 I got at launch and it is still functioning! I think I should get an award or something.

Wii I got about 2 years ago. It actually stopped working for a week then magically began working again. It's still working now so that's good!

PS3 I am planning on grabbing, but I want another price cut first. I know what you're saying. You got a 360 at launch when they were like $399 and PS3 is only $299 now! True, but I currently have less disposable income than i did back then =(

PC, if we're counting it too, I got my first one back in 2000, and became heavily addicted to Red Alert 2. Since then I have upgraded many times and have been heavily into WC3, WoW and now SC2. I spend more time playing PC games than any console. Not because I think the games themselves are better, but because multiplayer is better on PC and the communities are much more social.

Bought my 360 in 2006 (and sold it later and bought a falcon which I am currently using), got a ds lite christmas 2007. Oh and bought a new pc this year. :)

Console only right?

Started with Wii, and then got a ps3. I still play my wii way more. My ps3 is used mostly to watch .avi videos and FIFA 10.

Around the Network

Got a 360 first For Oblivion-Bioshock-Gears of War 

Then a Wii just Cause I was a Nintendo fanboy at the time

Then Finally got a PS3 for KZ2-MGS4-LBP-Blu-ray

Play PS3 & 360 the Most and Barely Touch the Wii anymore.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

X360 at launch, because I didn't have the patience to wait extra long for the revolution.

Wii at 2007

Still I always play games more on my computer than on my consoles.

I LOVE ICELAND!

PS3 all the way

Oh, I forgot about the handhelds. Well, I got my DS in late 2006, (Slightly later than my Wii.) and I got a PSP in mid-2007, but sold it around 3 months ago.

I bought the PS3 first, for more money than I care to admidt, yet never regret it one bit.

The 360 came next and I bought it the first day the 60 g fell to $300 dollars the guy at gamespot tried to charge me $400 not knowing it dropped. Never regreted it either.

My wii I bought on impulse in Febuary and I don't like it very much and every game I own for it except Mario Kart has not been worth it. I now only buy Nintendo games used because they are not for me at the new price. I am actually going to sell it or give it to my nephew.