By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your console progression this Gen?

Late 2006-Mid 2007: PS2

Mid 2007: Bought a ps3 for some reason but it didnt have many games around then. Still primarily played ps2 games.

Late 2007-October 2008: Primarily played PS2/PS3 games.

Oct 2008: Built a gaming PC, soon after got L4D and was hooked. Also bought a bunch of old PC games I missed out on.

Oct 2008 - Present: Mostly a PC gamer, though I did buy a Wii in 2009 post price drop. Wii hasn't got a lot of use, but neither has my PS3 in in the last couple years. PS3>Wii>PS2 in terms of console usage today. PS3 sees a lot of its use as a media centre.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

2005 - DS was bought

2006 - Launch PS3 Bought

2008 - DS Lite and Wii bought

2009 - PSP bought

Xbox 360 is still in the deciding of when is the best time to buy it.

Haven't touched the DS or Wii since halfway through 2009.

PS3 my choice of Primary Gaming Console and last touched was last night.

PSP haven't touched since finishing MGS Peace Walker a few weeks ago.

I got a Wii at launch and a PS3 towards the end of last year. I play the PS3 more than the Wii these days.

Just this gen you mean?

This gen started in about April 2007 for me when I bought a PS3. Before that I still played PS2. Then in Jan 2008 I bought a 360 to go along with my PS3. Then in Oct 2009 I sold my 360 and 60GB ps3 to get the new Slim PS3. And since like May or something we've had a Wii so right now I'm PS3/Wii.

Timeline version:

April 2007 - Bought 60GB PS3

Jan 2008 - Bought 360

Oct 2009 - Sold 360, Sold 60GB PS3, Bought Slim 120GB PS3

~May 2010 - Parents got a Wii for the family

got a wii then a ps3

I play ps3 more,its just more entertaining.(for me)

Around the Network
Cross-X said:

2005 - DS was bought

2006 - Launch PS3 Bought

2008 - DS Lite and Wii bought

2009 - PSP bought

Xbox 360 is still in the deciding of when is the best time to buy it.

Haven't touched the DS or Wii since halfway through 2009.

PS3 my choice of Primary Gaming Console and last touched was last night.

PSP haven't touched since finishing MGS Peace Walker a few weeks ago.

ew,you touched your ps3 last night....

360 at launch, Wii 5-6 months after launch maybe?  Don't remember.  Played the Wii some, then gave it to my nephew (who plays it a lot). PS3, I bought last year, when price was cut (for the exclusives I wanted).  RE-bought a Wii (black version) about 3 months ago.

I'd guess I play them about 90, 5, 5. Split between 360, Wii and PS3. (I play a LOT of multiplayer so my 360 gets the most love, NOT because I hate my PS3 or Wii).

Early 2005 - Uncle got me DS from US (before European release date as well!)

8th December 2006 - Got Wii on release date

Late 2008 - Buy PS3

I frequently use my Wii and my DS (about an hour a day each), but I rarely use my PS3 (maybe only an hour a week) as there aren't as many games that appeal to me

1. PSP

2. Wii

3. PS3

4. DS

5. Xbox360

(6. DSi, 7. PSP 3000)

PS3 and Wii get the most usage, probably comparable, can't really say which I use more. The Wii owns a lot of that time to Wii Fit/Plus. DS gets decent usage, although a lot of it is educational (kanji etc).

Only used the Xbox360 for some JRPGs around the time I bought it, PSP more often but a lot of the time as a media device. I still use my PS2 quite a bit (PS3 only partially compatible and only for US disks).

I bought a PS3 and a Wii on the same day (Nov07)

I havent turned on the Wii for over one year