By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your console progression this Gen?

I started the generation with a PSP in late 2006. Didn't like it at all so I sold it a few months later, and bought a DS instead. Don't remember exactly when that was.

Then I got my Wii in January 2008 (when I was finally able to find one), and then got a PS3 when GTAIV came out in April 2008.

I then had to move countries, and I found that there weren't many ps3 games that interested me, so I sold my PS3 in April 2009.

Just after the PS3 slim came out I found a great deal on a PS3 phat with 3 games, so I had to get it (around Sept. 2009). It was kind of an impulse buy and then sorta regretted it for awhile and almost sold it again. But I don't regret it anymore.

As for usage, for the longest time it was about 75-25 in favour of the wii. But lately it has been more like 50-50 and I think it'll probably be like that for the rest of this gen. Probably won't get a 360.

Sadly, I rarely use my DS anymore. And I have 2 of them. I should sell one, but I really like both colours and can't decide which to sell.

Around the Network

2006-2008 = PC exclusive

2008-2010 = Xbox 360 exclusive minus some World of Warcrack time (quit in July 2009 due to scheduled raids interfering with my work)

2010 on = Xbox 360 exclusive until I bought a new PC to play Starcraft 2 and other awesome, coming soon PC games such as Civilization 5 and Diablo 3

pariz said:
ocean-1984 said:

Got 360 for x-mas with GoW from my girlfriend, then me and my gf decided to get Wii and mario games.

After that i got PS3 for x-mas from the same gf with Uncharted.

And last month i bought new PS3 slim.

Got DS and PSPgo somewhere between .

Playing:

PS3: all the time (Uncharted 2 online,Killzone 2 online)

Wii: sometimes (all good platformers)

360: not to much (this year only  played a bit off ME2, maybe i will try Alan Wake)

PSPgo: not to much (only if i go somewhere, ill play GTA: CW, tetris and some PSone classics)

DS: not at all (don't even know where it is)

I'll give you an adress in Argentina and you can mail it whenever you want.

I'll thing about it

I eventually bought a PS3 last september when the price no longer made me cringe, I still don't own any other consoles and I probably won't (my new roommate has a 360 so I can just buy games) but if I do get another, it will be a 360 Slim some time this year. I've decided that the Wii will probably make its appearance next gen when this generation of consoles are dirt cheap and the backlog of games ditto.

For now, I don't really play my PS3 much at all, the last time I sat down and really played something was over three months ago and I've still only finished one of the games I got last year (inFamous). I do game a lot though, on the PC.

March 2005 - Got my DS (and sold it later to buy a DS Lite when it came out). For me it's this generation's less played console. But I do enjoy the games I have for it.

Christmas 2005 - Got my PSP. Even if the only game I had bought for it was LocoRoco, it would have been a great purchase. That's how much I like that game.

October/November 2007 - Got my PS3 (and sold it later to buy a PS3 Slim, since the fat broke down). It's my most played console this generation and I love it. Uncharted 1 and 2, Bioshock 1 and 2, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, Batman: Arkham Asylum, God of War III, all three Ratchet & Clank, Final Fantasy XIII and PixelJunk Shooter are some of the games I own and love.

The Future - Might buy a black Wii, but it largely depends on The Last Story and Xenoblade coming to Europe and how good they are. Also depends on whether Nintendo will replace the Wii sooner or later.

Around the Network

Got DS, Wii, PSP, and 360 all on their launch days.  Sold the PSP soon after because it gave me a headache playing it.  The DS has easily gotten the most playtime out of all of them.

Got a PS3 about four or five months after launch.  Barely played it at all until I got Uncharted, which got quite a bit of playtime.

Now, I still play the DS most, and my console use fluctuates depending on what games I've recently purchased for them.  Overall, the 360's probably had the most use, closely followed by the Wii.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
yubitme said:

2007-ps3 then 2008-bought a 360.  sold the360 and bought a wii in 2008.  2008 got tired of the wii so i sold it and got a psp. sold the psp 2 months later in 2008.  2010 sold my ps3 and bought a ps3 slim.  2010 bought a wii for the wife.  as you can see im very indecisive except for the ps3

...and your wife :P