By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Android 3.0 Game Phone.... by SONY

This is certainly intriguing... Lets get overexcited for a second and hypothetically say this is the direction of the PSP... I just wonder how much it would cost on a per month basis... Would you also need to pay a one off fee to actually get the phone as well as you do with some other smartphones? And then the cost of the games, would they be included as part of the monthly fee? Or is it standalone purchases? It could start to get pricey depending on how they would work it.

So they'd need to be careful there, as they wouldn't want to stop little Timmy from being able to afford it.

VGChartz

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

guys its all about style these days. Why do you guys think iphone is such a huge success. It has multfunctionality and it looks very good and cool. Only one audience comes into mind that will actually buy the psphone and thats the Gaming audience. I dont think a businessman will buy a PSphone. Not even your average day teenager would buy this unless he/she is very much into gaming. So I really hope that the added dpad doesn't makes it thick or look ugly in anyway. Imagine yourself in school with this phone. But of course im judging from that fake picture and if it is anything close to that it will ultimately fail.

it isn't about the gaming

if the phone becomes popular,people buy it even if they don't game just because its COOL

This PSPhone will primarily appeal to people who want to game though. If you weren't primarily interested in gaming then you wouldn't bother with having the d-pad/buttons on your phone. You would get one with an actual qwerty mini keyboard on it (would be the same size as the PSPhone) or if you didn't want that then you would get a slimmer one with probably just a touch screen (like the xperia or iphone) or a screen/keyboard combo (like the blackberry)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

milkyjoe said:

This is certainly intriguing... Lets get overexcited for a second and hypothetically say this is the direction of the PSP... I just wonder how much it would cost on a per month basis... Would you also need to pay a one off fee to actually get the phone as well as you do with some other smartphones? And then the cost of the games, would they be included as part of the monthly fee? Or is it standalone purchases? It could start to get pricey depending on how they would work it.

So they'd need to be careful there, as they wouldn't want to stop little Timmy from being able to afford it.

obviosly you will need to pay for the phone,this isn't any freeware

it will be just like a PSP GO with phone features and android OS nothing else

games can be purcahsed online

smbu2000 said:

This PSPhone will primarily appeal to people who want to game though. If you weren't primarily interested in gaming then you wouldn't bother with having the d-pad/buttons on your phone. You would get one with an actual qwerty mini keyboard on it (would be the same size as the PSPhone) or if you didn't want that then you would get a slimmer one with probably just a touch screen (like the xperia or iphone) or a screen/keyboard combo (like the blackberry)

yesbut what i was saying is many people don't need a keypad so PS buttons will be just extra,they can use it or not

also you saying they don't need PS button,it isn't about that,when something gets popular and gets reported in news as the nest big things the casuals just follow

do you really think every iphone consumer needs an iphone and do they use all the features,no they don't but its just cool to have an iphone

MDMAniac said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

comparing the psp to ngage is an insult

...to ngage

Despite all drawbacks Nokia really had offered some unique value with N-Gage that time and software was about portable game experience unlike PSP bottom line which basically is "here comes downgraded PS2 with crappy PS ports right in to your hands"

Go play some proper psp games and come back...cuz clearly you have no idea what your blabbering on about

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
MDMAniac said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

comparing the psp to ngage is an insult

...to ngage

Despite all drawbacks Nokia really had offered some unique value with N-Gage that time and software was about portable game experience unlike PSP bottom line which basically is "here comes downgraded PS2 with crappy PS ports right in to your hands"

Go play some proper psp games and come back...cuz clearly you have no idea what your blabbering on about

PLUS 1

Around the Network

People should forget about the N-Gage, it's design was it's biggest flaw and that was because off al the buttons. These days we have touchscreen and everyone who has ever seen a slidephone knows that this is going to work well.

But phones age really fast. This could mean that after about 2-3 years people will find other phones much more interesting and therefore stop being the PSP2.

One problem is see however is the amound of freedom that Android phones(and most smartphones for that matter) give you in installing just about any Rom or software you like. This could spell serious piracy issues in the future.

The range of freedom thing of android is definitely going to be a problem, but what if the PSN offered things that you ortherwise wouldn't be able to have like online gaming or whatnot?    What if Sony kept the PSN games exclusive to this phone, enticing gaming oriented people to come get the phoen

dallas said:

The range of freedom thing of android is definitely going to be a problem, but what if the PSN offered things that you ortherwise wouldn't be able to have like online gaming or whatnot?    What if Sony kept the PSN games exclusive to this phone, enticing gaming oriented people to come get the phoen

I think that is what they will do. PSN and PSP games will only work on this phone.

I have yet to buy a smartphone, saw no need for one, but making the PSP into a phone will make me finally dive in if it costs ~$200 or less with a 2-year plan. My plan has been up for over a year now and I never had a reason to get a new phone and tack on more years.

I still use my old ass Motorola SLVR, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ok im super confused is this the "next" psp or is sony going to release a psp2 along side of this? or is this even an offical psp?

@newcloud-  it's probably going to replace the  PSPgo and the PSp3000, if sony is going to have to brand this as a "game" centric phone then it's going to want to slap a PSP logo on the thing