By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Android 3.0 Game Phone.... by SONY

dallas said:

@newcloud-  it's probably going to replace the  PSPgo and the PSp3000, if sony is going to have to brand this as a "game" centric phone then it's going to want to slap a PSP logo on the thing

I see.. it not a psp2 its just the next in current level of psp's thanks for the help, and im assuming its download only 

Around the Network

yeah, download only, having a usb drive would make it way too big

-Newcloud- said:

ok im super confused is this the "next" psp or is sony going to release a psp2 along side of this? or is this even an offical psp?

its a PSP with a phone

its mostly another test as PSP GO beofre next year's PSP2

dallas said:

yeah, download only, having a usb drive would make it way too big

thats fine im ok with download only but the analog sticks being tough only could kill it for me

MDMAniac said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

comparing the psp to ngage is an insult

...to ngage

Despite all drawbacks Nokia really had offered some unique value with N-Gage that time and software was about portable game experience unlike PSP bottom line which basically is "here comes downgraded PS2 with crappy PS ports right in to your hands"

Actually having the NGage myself and not talking out of my ass, all Ngage games were ports of PS1 games, except for Elder Scrolls Travels.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Severance said:

Actually having the NGage myself and not talking out of my ass, all Ngage games were ports of PS1 games, except for Elder Scrolls Travels.

ORLY? How about Pocket Kingdom? High Seize? Pathway to Glory? Glimmeratti? Rifts: Promise of Power? The Roots?

And there are more recent gems like Dance Fabuluous, Creatures of the Deep, and Reset Generation -- the latter is absolutely the best multiplayer game I ever tried on handheld, full of bursts of fun. This, and N-Gage Arena, which gave you multiplayer everywhere unlike PSP.

These titles instanly came to one's mind so it just looks like you haven't "had" your n-gage to the full extent.

I was prowd owner of n-gage, and don't get me wrong, I'm not going to call it the best handheld. There were many mistakes made by nokia, and DS is much better software/hardware. However, it's no brainer that N-Gage did provide some unique value as portable gaming system, something which PSP utterly failed at.

MDMAniac said:

Severance said:

ORLY? How about Pocket Kingdom? High Seize? Pathway to Glory? Glimmeratti? Rifts: Promise of Power? The Roots?

And there are more recent gems like Dance Fabuluous, Creatures of the Deep, and Reset Generation -- the latter is absolutely the best multiplayer game I ever tried on handheld, full of bursts of fun. This, and N-Gage Arena, which gave you multiplayer everywhere unlike PSP.

These titles instanly came to one's mind so it just looks like you haven't "had" your n-gage to the full extent.

I was prowd owner of n-gage, and don't get me wrong, I'm not going to call it the best handheld. There were many mistakes made by nokia, and DS is much better software/hardware. However, it's no brainer that N-Gage did provide some unique value as portable gaming system, something which PSP utterly failed at.

Again, go play some proper psp games and come back before blabbering about things you don't know about. PSP game library eats ngage craplibrary alive!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I think engadget is full of shit.

naznatips said:

why do you say that?

just wondering what make's you so sure that what rumor info about an Android Based playstation Phone they are putting out is not in fact true?

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
naznatips said:

why do you say that?

just wondering what make's you so sure that what rumor info about an Android Based playstation Phone they are putting out is not in fact true?

Tech rumours get started all the time. Sometimes they're the fever dreams of enthusiasts or analysts, sometimes they're deliberate leaks to mislead and undermine competitors, and sometimes they're actual projects that just don't quite make it to the shipping stage for one reason or another.

Look at Microsoft's Courier concept. We saw more of it than we've seen of this PSPhone. That thing was announced by Microsoft with a demo video and everything, but as far as we know, there wasn't even a working prototype before the project was killed.

This rumour is plausible, but I can't really blame somebody for wanting more than a single anonymous source before believing the product will actually ship. What if this is just a proposal from Sony Ericcson and somebody from Sony Computer Entertainment squashes it for fear that it might undermine the PSP 2?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.