By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Okay we got to discuss this - Wii/Sales

I expected the Wii sales to start going down, I think the Wii sales will pick up again in October til December.

Around the Network

The system DID dell over 70 million consoles worldwide, It's nor mal for sales to slowdown, Let's not forget that Nintendo sold A LOT of their systems at Release price which means they actually made money on their sales, Nintendo is doing fine, and I do expect for the Wii to get a strong push once the Zelda fever starts catching up add that to the Holiday rush I wouldn't worry about it.

I can't believe there are still threads like this...

actually yes  I can

Honestly, I love Nintendo and Nintendo games, and I love the idea and innovation of the Wii, but I dislike the console to a certain extent. It's graphics and 3rd party support suck. I'm ready for a new Nintendo home console.

My prediction, 1 year at E32011, a new Xbox and a new Nintendo home console will be announced.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Honestly, I love Nintendo and Nintendo games, and I love the idea and innovation of the Wii, but I dislike the console to a certain extent. It's graphics and 3rd party support suck. I'm ready for a new Nintendo home console.

My prediction, 1 year at E32011, a new Xbox and a new Nintendo home console will be announced.

I'll agree with that, but add that they'll be announced for that holiday. We'll see PlayStation 4 that e3 as well, or at least catch hints of it.

At the moment it does look like things are bad, given that all the buzz outside the handheld space is monopolized mostly by Kinect, and to a lesser extent by Move, and the snapshot of this week sees things at their worst for Nintendo, because you're seeing Sengoku Basara push in Japan (though it is concering because it was so big for PS3 but didn't really help Wii at all) combined with the 360 still riding on what it is. As i said before, it's easy to point to this and call doom, but also very hasty to.

Price cuts won't help. The Wii is driven by killer apps more than any console in a while. Killer apps is what it needs, but i would bank on Donkey Kong, NBA Jam (on the one console where it can actually sell hardware), maybe Epic Mickey, and the Vitality Sensor when it appears, to all help to some extent.

The last real killer app Wii had was NSMBWii, so they're slumping a good deal as space goes away from that, but this holiday season sees 3rd parties actually stepping up to bat for once in terms of something that might make someone actually want a Wii, so the outlook is mostly optimistic, though the bigger question is if Kinect and Move can really distract consumers

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I think the Wii is done, it's down hill from here on and on a personal note... I hope its a very very steep down hill.

Why do I think so?

- The Wii has sold extremely well... most people that wanted one... probably has one.

- It's novelty is gone... it was once looked at as a very interesting and unique concept... that same interest that was at it's launch is gone.

- 3rd Party has never looked better with games after games after games... (SOME)Wii owners and (SOME) on the fence are I imagine drooling at the truly amazing library of the HD twins. And it ONLY gets better while time passes.

YES the Wii and the other consoles will sell well this holiday....they always do so expect it but you know what happens then... that's temporary... and then we're back to regular sales again... and that's when we'll see Wii's true colors... and quite possibly IMO the beginning of the end for the Wii.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Some suggestions for Nintendo:

-Update the console with minor things (not HD, but perhaps a Hard Drive, DVD, and new Wii Remote)

-Put out a better, cheaper 3d camera than Kinect.

-Release Wii Relax

-Put out another 2d Mario game that has online play.

-Rework the online play to be easier.

-Redesign the console to be smaller. Yes it's already small, but it could always be smaller!

-Release the Wii 2 next year and blow the competition away.

So, really, there are many options for Nintendo... Not doomed yet.

mortono said:

Some suggestions for Nintendo:

-Update the console with minor things (not HD, but perhaps a Hard Drive, DVD, and new Wii Remote)

-Put out a better, cheaper 3d camera than Kinect.

-Release Wii Relax

-Put out another 2d Mario game that has online play.

-Rework the online play to be easier.

-Redesign the console to be smaller. Yes it's already small, but it could always be smaller!

-Release the Wii 2 next year and blow the competition away.

So, really, there are many options for Nintendo... Not doomed yet.

This absolutely.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Oh look.  It's this week's "wii is doomed" thread.  Maybe next week's will be more interesting (but certainly not any more original).

Carry on.  Nintendo's been doomed since 1989 according to research already provided here on VGC, and more than 20 years on we can't expect any different.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:

Oh look.  It's this week's "wii is doomed" thread.  Maybe next week's will be more interesting (but certainly not any more original).

Carry on.  Nintendo's been doomed since 1989 according to research already provided here on VGC, and more than 20 years on we can't expect any different.

I don't get posts like yours. So it's not allowed to discuss about the declining sales of Wii?