By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet 2: The Official Thread

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Also, in the game box it came with a Collector's Edition voucher that says it gives me all the DLC, but on my Gamestop receipt there is also a DLC code that the clerk said allows me to download the stuff.

What is the difference between the two? Is the Gamestop code only for the Animal DLC costumes and the Tron costume?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Also, in the game box it came with a Collector's Edition voucher that says it gives me all the DLC, but on my Gamestop receipt there is also a DLC code that the clerk said allows me to download the stuff.

What is the difference between the two? Is the Gamestop code only for the Animal DLC costumes and the Tron costume?

GameStop code is your pre-order bonus, so yeah.

just finished the game and aced story mode. it's easier than LBP1. :/

it's also easier to find all the bubbles, I've got them all except for both x4 areas.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Around the Network

Just published my first LBP2 level yesterday!  It's a fighting game with melee attacks and blocks.  Best with two players, but works with one.  Let me know what you guys think :)

You can add it to your level queue in the game following this link:

http://lbp.me/v/w0n-34

Hope you guys like it.  Let me know if you find any bugs or have some ideas/suggestions for making it better.

Thanks,

Alex

I like to find people that let there levels be copied and add my own spin on it. I tried to make levels on my own in the first LBP,but I sucked at it and I have no skill at it. 

Add me to play online 

PSN ID:

Darthdevidemon

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LittleBigPlanet 2 GOES TO 11!

Yes, I finally reviewed it.  After being tossed with my ONLY complaint about it, which is the challenge finding the cool user created content, I decided the solution was to provide review on my blog site pointing out the best of the best on there.  So, with that out of the way, LittleBigPlanet 2 gets an 11/10.  Yes, I am a MONSTER fan of the game.  I want to get caders.com, my casual and retro game group involved with it, so I am up for people visiting it on Facebook and discussing and sharing with me their cool levels.  My username on PSN is monkrush .  Feel free to add me.  Be patient with me accepting, because I am not sure how to do that.

Ok, onto the review.  I will post it here so you don't need to click over, but give the URL link to it also.  The review:

http://goes-to-11.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-littlebigplanet-2.html

Review: LittleBigPlanet 2.
Genre: Platformer, game construction set.
System: Playstation 3.
Reviewer: Rich Hutnik

Summary: Battle against Negativitron as you attempt to set the universe of Sackboy right playing through a series of game genres, including platformers and shooters.  Players also have a powerful construction set to not only create new levels, but new games.

Pros:
* Positive story in campaign mode that speaks to having positive thoughts and a good attitude.
* Excellent music on a number of the campaign levels.
* Broad range of game styles in campaign mode, from not only platformer, but also side scrolling shooter, and run and gun, to small puzzlers and scrolling racer.
* Pulls off the rare feat of, while being a construction set based, NOT feeling cookie cutter in level design.
* VERY large range of user created content in style. So far, LBP2 has seen a Minesweeper game, racing games, pinball, dual stick shooter and puzzles. More content is being added all the time.
* Including original content online for LittleBigPlanet 1, there are MILLIONS of levels and mini-games available.
* Epic is a near understatement for the broadness LitteBigPlanet 2 covers.
* Four player simultaneous play available on a number of levels.
* Move support.
* If you had/have LittleBigPlanet 1, and you save your defaults, they transfer over to LittleBigPlanet 2. This includes your Sackboy.

Final Score:
11/10 (see commentary regarding this review to understand the basis of it getting an 11/10. The reviewer of this game is a big fan of Sackboy and LittleBigPlanet 1).

Great game. My money was well spent.