By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: "Our favorite games of 2010 (So far)

So ME2 is gonna win easily this year! I thought SMG2 would put up a good fight looking at its metacritic score!

Yay attoyou started > lists! My list so far:

FFXIII >> RDR > ME2 > Yakuza 3 > Heavy Rain > DQIX > SO4 > Pokemon Gold Remake >>>> WKC

What a splendid year its been! And we still have GT5 and LBP2!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Very interesting but the majority of the time the winner is a holiday release

I loved ME2 but it pains me to see Bayonetta getting no love. It was such a amazing game even if the story was a mess.

Mass Effect 2 or FF XIII

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

darthdevidem01 said:

So ME2 is gonna win easily this year! I thought SMG2 would put up a good fight looking at its metacritic score!

Yay attoyou started > lists! My list so far:

FFXIII >> RDR > ME2 > Yakuza 3 > Heavy Rain > DQIX > SO4 > Pokemon Gold Remake >>>> WKC

What a splendid year its been! And we still have GT5 and LBP2!

Metascore means nothing when it comes to GoTY.

If  IGN gives Galaxy 2 a 10, that 10 comes from just 1 person on the staff. The GoTY award comes from a collection of votes spread across the entire IGN team, which could be a HUGE difference from whatever score you see on their site.

This is how Demon Souls took home GoTY from GameSpot, even when it wasn't close to being the highest rated game on the site.

This is why people need to stop looking at Metascores as the be all end all. They really don't mean much.

I also think LBP2 is going to be the surprise GoTY winner across many sites.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I didn't like ME 2 so much, I haven't finish it yet

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

ME2 was on a whole different level vs the other games.  ME2 will win severral game of the year awards for sure

If I had to pick right now it would be ME2 also.

Here's my list

Mass Effect 2 > Red Dead Redemption > Alan Wake > Bioshock 2 > RISK: Factions > Green Day Rock Band.

And sadly enough these are the only games I've played that came out this year....and I've only beaten 2 of them, the rest i'm not even half way done with.

Mass Effect 2 is still far in the lead for me. Nothing has seemed to shake it, but Star Craft has honorable mention in my book. Sony had some promising exclusives, but none left anything lasthing. The year isn't over yet.

Cof-cof! LittleBigPlanet 2 GOTY.

I loved all games listed by IGN but there are some games to release this year yet.