By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Reach Vs Killzone 3.

I have no doubt that Halo Reach will sell better, because it does have that fanatic cult following, but I believe that Killzone 3 really will be a game of higher quality.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

My opinion on the matter is that I find Killzone 2 to be all around better developed than any Halo title yet,But Halo is a very well established franchise from the success of the first two games,where as the first two games of Killzone didn't fair as well sadly.

That said,Killzone is probably the best developed FPS from the 7th gen,in terms of how it works anyway,the online is incredibly detailed :) and a lot less crowded than COD if you ask me.I recall many a time playing Killzone 2 online and quickly realising where the name comes from ^_^

But the argument here is fanboyish and irrelevant.TPS shooters are quickly showing that their more challenging and fun to play than FPS if you ask me,but FPS will always be as successful as they are from games by Activision and EA rather than Sony and Microsoft.

For example,Call of Duty,Medal of Honour and Battlefield are all out this year,and the sales from all of them across all platforms will totally eclipse combined sales of Killzone 3 and Halo:Reach.

For any non believers,it's becoming more and more known that you can develop a more detailed game on the Playstation 3 than it's HD rival,therefore I expect Killzone 3 in terms of how well it's developed and how well it plays to trump any FPS.But people won't buy it,because it's far faster than any other FPS which puts COD and multi-plat Halo players off,and COD gets about a bajillion logins a second (btw...thats a slight exgageration but more or less true).

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

Can think what-ever they want. But in terms of my liking. Killzone utterly destroys Halos foundation of quality for me. But that's my preference. :D

Can't wait for KZ3. Will pick up Reach when it's 20. Still waitin on ODST to get to 20.

Euphoria14 said:

That was from a thread yesterday. I made because I was getting called out for "questionable motives".

Anyways, I also think this comparison is dumb because we do not know enough about Killzone 3 yet to say whether or not it could rival it "quality" wise, but sales wise it is a no brainer that Halo is vastly more popular than Killzone.

I also think people shouldn't be jumping on you for it. You didn't write it.

very good post euphoria.  i just got banned myself.  i dunno, maybe i deserved to get banned for a week maybe i didn't.  but while banned i started looking at a lot of the other banned users and why they were banned and there were some seriously wft moments in there for me.

i will gladly read and scowl at negative posts about my favorite console such as this OP if it means i can post without fear of having opinions.

If killzone3 manages to have splitscreen co-op and the jetpacks that we saw @ the press conference in the multiplayer then i think that in terms of quality it will truly rival reach if not having an edge. In terms of quality at least the halo fanbase is so huge its like a cult there is no way killzone can rival Halo's sales. I mean halo is probably the main reason for why the 360 is where it is right now

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Don't worry, Killzone won't overtake Halo in popularity. No need to make a thread about it. 

this, like it or not we all know Halo is both good in gameplay(though some would argue this..not me) and sales. no need to make a thread on it while attempting to bash a game the doesn't come out til next year

sorry if this sounds fanboyish, but ever since Sony has showed what the PS3 is capable of with games like U2, K2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, etc. threads/articles like these have started to pop up.(taking in all the gaming site I go to) don't get me wrong, Sony fanboys(well extreme fanboys) are also guilty of this when it comes to FPS's with their "Halo Killer" tactics and other games.

I will be getting both games, so it's win/win for me

Guys, there's no need to jump at Selnor's throat. He didn't write the article (though the article is complete rubbish).

Now as for what I think, we know very little about Killzone 3, and we've yet to get my hands on Halo: Reach. I don't think it's right to make a comparison just yet.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Love this thread.. lots of anger.. hate.. disrespect & a tiny bit of love.. really shows how the quality of the forum is going down...

I give this thread a 9.8*

*tagline used from profcrab

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

see it would be a *sigh*, but this a selnor thread so it's an lol,

but seriously 2 different games that provide 2 different experiences, Halo could never "wipe the floor" with killzone, because it doesn't provide the same experience as killzone, and the same goes for killzone "wiping the floor" with Halo, it all boils down to personal prefrence, and when prefrence is concerned their is no winner (you think this would be obvious).

me, I prefer 32 player hardcore tactical teambased gameplay, with classes, warzone like gametype, and  supreme clan support, oh the fully modable player-hosted dedicated severs, just icing on the cake imo, but just becasue halo doesn't provide this does not make it a bad game or killzone a better one, it's just different.... and boy when the idiot fanboys learn the diference between different and better, omg the bright sunny day it will be.

unlike Forza and GT, halo and killzone are not compareable, and any form of comparision outside their both first person shooters, is nothing more than a troll attempt and flamebait.

but selnor thread so still lol, and *facepalm* at the same time

wow 

Graphics

Killzone 3>Halo:Reach

either way why bring a comparison?Its not like killzone is sony's flagship title its just a good game on ps3

unlike Halo which IS a flagship title